[SOLVED] How to transfer the cut plane near to the default fly camera in JMonkey engine?

I try to use JMonkey engine (JME3) to create a scene. In the default project I use the default camera. When I render 3D models from uploaded .obj sources the engine starts to cut the objects too early when the camera nears to the object. I think I need to make smaller the distance between the real camera place and the place from which the engine starts to look into the inside volume of the model. But I can not understand which variable controls this distance. I show the example to see how long the distance between the camera and the stairs by default.
no name

How can I change the distance to the cutting plane?

1 Like

Hello, what you are looking for is camera.setFrustumNear(float)

2 Likes

That must be a tiny scene to be clipping like that. Scaling up your scene, either in blender or jme, will probably also work.

1 Like

Yes, you was right. I have scaled my 3D models up to 0.05f from their normal scale. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have found the error. The scale of my models was too small - 0.05f from the original model

1 Like

Yeah, your entire life will be easier if you take a few small pains to make sure your scene is 1 unit = 1 meter.

This consistency will pay off in a lot of ways later.

2 Likes