[SOLVED] Issue with PBR rendering

Hi,

I’m trying to change my project to use PBR but I’m facing some weird rendering issues, I created a new map for lightmap (R channel), Roughness (G channel) and Metal (B channel). Using this parameters

BaseColorMap : Flip Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_color.png
    EmissiveMap : Flip Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_glow.png
    MetallicRoughnessMap : Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_LRM.png
    LightMap: Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_LRM.png
    LightMapAsAOMap: true;
    EmissiveIntensity : 2.0

But it’s rendering badly:

Then I found this thread stating there was some issue with lightmap in PBR (PBR and LightMap is not visible) and I tried without it

MetallicRoughnessMap : Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_LRM.png

With the same bad rendering but just darker:

I double checked the maps and the texture coordinates and everything seems correct:

Even the normals imported in jme:

I’m using jme3.2.1-sdk3 and this is the exact same code as TestPBRLighting but importing my model and textures instead of the tank (which renders properly)

I don’t have any more ideas on what to check now. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

It looks like your BaseColorMap and EmissiveMap are flipped, as indicated by the “Flip” keyword in front of the asset path, while the MetallRoughness and LightnessMap probably need this as well.

Try changing the material file to this instead:

MetallicRoughnessMap : Flip Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_LRM.png
LightMap: Flip Models/Cars/Car005/Car005_LRM.png
LightMapAsAOMap: true;
3 Likes

Thanks @yaRnMcDonuts that was the issue… I spent hours yesterday reviewing it all and I didn’t notice I was missing the Flip keyword in multiple maps :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

just one tip about normals:

• for many front areas of this vehicle, it would be good to mark “sharp edge/faces” so normals would look better.

lets say “car mask”(or idk how name it) looks like it would be rounded on edges. If its intended, then ok, but imo it would look better with sharp edges so it match rest of the parts.

but btw. nice car topology. well done. (but idk why you triangulate it)

Thanks for the tip but the model is not mine, I bought a pack of car models for this project, sadly I’m not that good at modeling :frowning: