[SOLVED] Odd physics crash

So one of my players on steam got me an odd crash log that I cannot quite place. I know nothing about the situation that it happened in so I can’t really provide much data.

My theories are either that a dynamic collider (compund shape with primitives) was too big (the guy is known to build super large ships) somehow, or that a static collider got in contact with another static (which is unlikely as it gets, but the log sure looks somehow like that).

All I’m asking is if anyone has ever got anything simmilar to point me in the right direction so I know what could this even be about.

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.dispatch.CollisionDispatcher.freeCollisionAlgorithm(CollisionDispatcher.java:119)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.dispatch.CompoundCollisionAlgorithm.destroy(CompoundCollisionAlgorithm.java:76)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.dispatch.CollisionDispatcher.freeCollisionAlgorithm(CollisionDispatcher.java:120)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.dispatch.CompoundCollisionAlgorithm.destroy(CompoundCollisionAlgorithm.java:76)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.dispatch.CollisionDispatcher.freeCollisionAlgorithm(CollisionDispatcher.java:120)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.broadphase.HashedOverlappingPairCache.cleanOverlappingPair(HashedOverlappingPairCache.java:219)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.broadphase.HashedOverlappingPairCache$CleanPairCallback.processOverlap(HashedOverlappingPairCache.java:447)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.broadphase.HashedOverlappingPairCache.processAllOverlappingPairs(HashedOverlappingPairCache.java:190)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.broadphase.HashedOverlappingPairCache.cleanProxyFromPairs(HashedOverlappingPairCache.java:207)
    at com.bulletphysics.collision.dispatch.CollisionWorld.destroy(CollisionWorld.java:95)
    at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.destroy(PhysicsSpace.java:807)
    at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState.stopPhysics(BulletAppState.java:179)
    at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState.cleanup(BulletAppState.java:270)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.cleanup(AppStateManager.java:323)
    at com.jme3.app.LegacyApplication.destroy(LegacyApplication.java:757)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.deinitInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:198)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:237)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Using jME 3.1 Beta 2, with JBullet.

That stacktrace is created upton existing the game (whyever) My guess is that your reall problem is before and the reason it tries to exit

Huh didn’t notice that at all…I’ll ask the guy if it was the crash that prompted the exit or the other way round.

An btw the error looks like the one where you remove or add a physics object twice from/to the physics space.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the entire physicsspace got duplicated in some case.

1 Like