[Survey] What you think about games

Hello community,

my friend and I are working on a game. Unfortunately, my computer broke down last week so I decided to use the time to build a little survey.
It’s mostly about “What does make a game to a good game in your opinion”.
It is 100% private and without any registration and it will take less then 10 minutes.
Here is the link: kazzach.bplaced.net/survey
Please share and spread it as much as possible and thank you very much for your time :slight_smile:

Kind regards

1 Like
@KaZZacH said: Hello community,

my friend and I are working on a game. Unfortunately, my computer broke down last week so I decided to use the time to build a little survey.
It’s mostly about “What does make a game to a good game in your opinion”.
It is 100% private and without any registration and it will take less then 10 minutes.
Here is the link: kazzach.bplaced.net/survey
Please share and spread it as much as possible and thank you very much for your time :slight_smile:

Kind regards

Took the survey. Would love it if you would be willing to share the results you get.

Hello,

thank you for participating :wink:
Once enough people have participated I will gladly publish the statistics.

1 Like

I call bullshit on that math problem. The result was Infinity.2. pfffff

Nice little survey, but please next time (if there’s one), try to double check the language. There were many typos and/or grammar/syntax problems. I don’t mind that much, but it shows professionalism. :slight_smile: Except for that, there were some questions where I wanted to answer something like: “It’s not important, but it’s nice to have.” (thinking of achievements or coop for example)

@madjack said: I call bullshit on that math problem. The result was Infinity.2. pfffff

Nice little survey, but please next time (if there’s one), try to double check the language. There were many typos and/or grammar/syntax problems. I don’t mind that much, but it shows professionalism. :slight_smile: Except for that, there were some questions where I wanted to answer something like: “It’s not important, but it’s nice to have.” (thinking of achievements or coop for example)

Oh my, I was afraid that this would be the case :frowning:
I am going to try to correct the mistakes as good as I can (english isn’t my native language (yes, I know, dem excuses again)).

@KaZZacH

I think oculus rift will damage people eyes. Just as earbuds (small headphones) for music damage people ears.

@Pixelapp said: @KaZZacH

I think oculus rift will damage people eyes. Just as earbuds (small headphones) for music damage people ears.

Earbuds don’t damage eardrums or whatever. Idiots who listen to music too loud break their own eardrums. And they do that with earbuds, normal speakers or basic headphones, etc.

Don’t blame tools when they’re used wrong.

1 Like
@t0neg0d said: Took the survey. Would love it if you would be willing to share the results you get.

As he said i would like too to see the result :smiley:

@kobRoah said: As he said i would like too to see the result :D

He??! O.o I guess I won’t be able to unit test without feeling mildly gay now… thanks :wink:

@madjack said: Earbuds don't damage eardrums or whatever. Idiots who listen to music too loud break their own eardrums. And they do that with earbuds, normal speakers or basic headphones, etc.

Don’t blame tools when they’re used wrong.

Still, I think the rift is a fantastic idea, but suffers the same pittfalls as headphones: Whenever I put them on, the wife gets really annoyed because I can’t hear anything she says. The same applies for the oculus. In theory its fantastic, in practice, not so great - unless you’re on your own. But the concept itself is A1. Everything starts from somewhere, and I think - just like google glass - it still has some way to go, but ultimately it will be a part of our everyday lives in the not too distant future.

@jayfella said: Still, I think the rift is a fantastic idea, but suffers the same pittfalls as headphones: Whenever I put them on, the wife gets really annoyed because I can't hear anything she says. The same applies for the oculus. In theory its fantastic, in practice, not so great - unless you're on your own. But the concept itself is A1. Everything starts from somewhere, and I think - just like google glass - it still has some way to go, but ultimately it will be a part of our everyday lives in the not too distant future.

Some people get really into a game and get all immersed and somehow think they are still being social just because other people are sitting there with them.

I think this makes the distinction clearer even if the player had been fooling themselves all along. :wink:

@jayfella said: Still, I think the rift is a fantastic idea, but suffers the same pittfalls as headphones: Whenever I put them on, the wife gets really annoyed because I can't hear anything she says. The same applies for the oculus. In theory its fantastic, in practice, not so great - unless you're on your own. But the concept itself is A1. Everything starts from somewhere, and I think - just like google glass - it still has some way to go, but ultimately it will be a part of our everyday lives in the not too distant future.

Again, don’t blame the tools. If one, and only one, person misuses a tool, it doesn’t make it a bad tool. Don’t go the high school way when 1 person would make a whole class suffer the consequences of being an idiot. Because in the end, that like saying if some person killed another with a hammer, hammers should be banned. Or planes banned because of an accident. Etc, etc, etc.

You should decide yourself what your target is, niche/hardcore , money or a game you like yourself. Not everything is good for everything.

Eg F2P is good for money, but usually not for the customer, and reduces your game in the worst case to a simple pay2win.

No watter what you do most persons will not like it, the important part is gettng enough of them to make it worth the time (wheter that is in terms of money, are selfsatisfaction)

Hello,

you can now view the results on

http://kazzach.bplaced.net/survey/result

Duo to my upcoming exams I don’t have time to make a cool statistic which shows the total results in percent etc.

1 Like