Text - how to? :)

Hi all,

What concept / class am I looking for if I want to do this:
display text, NOT as a “stats” screen, but rather as a geometry inside my environment?
Suppose I have set up a “city” from geometries. Now I want to create a banner on a building, but I would like it not to be a picture (texture) but an actual text I can change inside the code. For example, I would like to be able to rotate, change location etc of that “banner”. I need somehow to create the equivalent of a “text box” in 3D then play with it.
How is it done? Is it related to nifty gui?

Thanks all!!

Amir.

Inside the 3d scene Nifty won’t really help you. Your options really are BitmapText or ImagePainter. It sounds like in this case BitmapText is more what you need.

1 Like

thank you!

From little playing with ש BitmapText I noticed that when I increase the text size it gets all blurry. Is there a workaround? (that was the reason I wanted to look elsewhere).

Amir.

@amirkr said: thank you!

From little playing with ש BitmapText I noticed that when I increase the text size it gets all blurry. Is there a workaround? (that was the reason I wanted to look elsewhere).

Amir.

Make a bigger base font. It’s texture based so if you have little tiny 32 pixel letters they are going to look blurry when you stretch them to 400 pixels high.

1 Like

OK, thank you all again!
I have the basic information I need now to try and figure it out myself without troubling you with further questions.
You’ve been of great assistance!

Amir.

Good luck. The SDK has a tool that lets you create a bitmap font file from any font installed on your computer btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes