Texture Problem

Hi Everyone,

first of all: thanks to the Team of jMonkeyEngine for this wonderful piece of software! I’m quite a beginner when it comes to 3D game programming but I managed to get into it in no time thanks to the straight API of the Engine and the good documentation on this website :slight_smile:

But now to my problem: I have a large mesh which I have set to a simple repeating texture as can be seen in the following picture:

http://i.imgur.com/YGpQ8.png

My problem is that in the distance the texture begins to look a lot darker than in the closer area. I thought it maybe has something to do with MinFilter but couldn’t figure out any solution yet. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

I think some more information will be needed for anything more than a guess as to what’s going on (and code would be helpful). Are you doing anything special with lighting?

tebriel said:
I think some more information will be needed for anything more than a guess as to what's going on (and code would be helpful). Are you doing anything special with lighting?

You may be right. I do lighting by a custom shader - and I just discovered that this effect is not visible if I use the default Unshaded shader - maybe the problem is self made ;). I will investigate that further and report back if the problem persists. Thanks for now :)

OK - it turned out that there was a rounding problem in the fragment shader causing that effect. Thanks for your help tebriel! :slight_smile: