The new monkey

Hey cool, very serious monkey :P. I thought this topic was closed :slight_smile:.

I wish I could quote youā€¦ butā€¦ I thought it was for a second, too. My previous image showed it as closed right after I posted it and then a refresh made that go away.

here at jmonkey, we pride ourselves on doing the important things first, so weā€™re gonna figure out why PC > mac, why the monkey has a rape face and why we cannot thumbs down people, and if we have time after that, then maybe weā€™ll consider improving the sdk and user interface.

I laughed :D

... then I cried T_T

/SDK SDK SDK!

And we also take a perfectly working forum and goof it all up for no good reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

made few improvements, the Abraham Lincoln of monkies

Iā€™m really offended at the liberties you have taken with the fine work of art that I slaved over for all of 20 seconds. I meanā€¦ I had to walk a whole two steps from my desk to do it and then I had to actually PULL OUT my cell phone to snap a picture. Nevermind the effort involved in getting it up on the web.

Art of this quality does not just grow out of thin air, after all. It takes a master craftsmen at the height of his abilities.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think if I ever get tired of the lion face (also a 20 second whiteboard doodle from many years ago) then I may switch to monocle-monkey. :slight_smile: Without the buck tooth Lincoln additions, of course. :slight_smile:

@normen, maybe we should switch to my monocle-monkey for a few weeksā€¦ everyone will be thankful to get the manga-monkey back after that. :slight_smile:

@pspeed: Yeah cool, I think we should change the SDK application name too xD Theres so much to do before we can get to coding again ^^

http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/original/587.jpg

canā€™t we just have the happy monkey back? we donā€™t need any serious monkeys, our happy monkey was perfect, if you wanted to improve him, you could have added a little more details or just changed the background up a bit. that monkey on the header, staring at me just creeps me out. It just doesnā€™t work for this type of API.

One possibility is to actually use a 3D version of the old monkey logo, and maybe cartoonize it if we have any 3D artists around. i mean, this is a Game development library, it should have a logo that looks like its from a game (and a good game)

canā€™t we just have the happy monkey back? we donā€™t need any serious monkeys, our happy monkey was perfect

When was there ever a happy monkey :?

I was going to ask the same thing. There was just the old ā€œgo away, scram!ā€ monkey.

The old monkey always was serious, so the phrase ā€œSerious Monkey, Serious Engineā€ ;).

See, more proof that the past is always better in memory :wink:

interesting, i remembered it with a smile for some reason, guess it wasnā€™t smiling, but i still like the original monkey better, it looked moreā€¦ monkey like :slight_smile:

so yeah, ok, serious monkey, serious business

but serious, not creepy

interesting, i remembered it with a smile for some reason, guess it wasnā€™t smiling

Sure it was.... See?
http://imgur.com/7jU4M.png

Sorry, had to do it..... LOOOL
http://i.imgur.com/YUcLn.png

-Feen

Literally: LOL

Itā€™s exactly when we hit ā€œtentacle rapeā€ monkey that we know weā€™ve taken this too far. :wink:

@feengur OMFG! That was SO funny. :smiley:

Serious Monkey, youā€™re doing it wrong.

rofl, really tempted to put the first one to the page header xD