Too much spare time? help coding "hhexen"

i'm looking for one java developer who would like to some troublesome stuff for me.

right now i need a way to visualize the inventory content and a way to choose and activate an item from that list, matrix or whatever it might be.

requirements:

1. get hhexen running. if you use intellij idea, that problem is solved already. if you use eclipse, it shouldn't be difficult to set up a project/workspace.
  2. you know what a java interface is  (because i will define one and won't be interested in how exactly the stuff is done inside)

if you are interested, contact me via icq 7872331

seems like no one wants to do it…

i’ll do it myself. :’(

(... I) won't be interested in how exactly the stuff is done inside

Sounds good. I will contact you in ICQ.

i wish i had more spare time :confused:

Izibaar said:

(... I) won't be interested in how exactly the stuff is done inside

Sounds good. I will contact you in ICQ.

that doesn't keep me from at least looking at it ;)

I miss a number for ICQ(nine numbers not eight^^)

Want to ask, if you are interested in a cooperation between Project Zero and hhexen, so that we could sharing code and models. At the moment I'm also working alone, so why not help each other.

My ICQ 366-118-827

i am really really old so my icq number indeed has only 8 digits.

sharing parts of the core code won't be possible (it's an all-or-nothing type of code), but i am using a few things like pathfinding, aiming, projectile evading (ai stuff) which i can share. also, i can inaugurate you into the secrets of the hhexen-engine which has never troubled me when i wanted to add some features or behaviour to the entities in the game (imho the main design is a piece of art).

sharing models: there are lots of free trees, plants and monsters which i could provide.

for our selfmade models, you should ask my faithful disciple yunus (who has a jme forum account)

do you have experience making games?

Yes, I have some experience, but never the less I am still learning^^.

And the models…this is a point I can really help you! Ask me what you need and I craft it for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

what i wanted to add to hhexen for a long time now is arms/hands of the player, making naruto-like hand signs while casing a spell. the arm model is done, but the animations are missing. no one had the skill and/or time to make them.

if this is your first big game, i can provide some design secrets in exchange. just tell me how you are planning to do something, and i will comment it sensibly.

what is this 'spare time' everyone keeps talking about?  :?

:wink:

Animation depends on which format you want to use and where the skeleton is created(code or 3D software)

As for the moment I'm working at the basics, so it's not difficult at he moment^^.

i accept anything jme can load, the skeleton is in the model ( at least the one making the model told me)

ok, than he must be using md5

HamsterofDeath said:

i am really really old so my icq number indeed has only 8 digits.

Dont tell me you are over 30  ;)

i'm 26