Unable to update jMP and related content

Hello.

I have been experiencing problems with the update featuer built into jMP. It has been acting up since sometime late thursday or perhaps early friday and the error seems to be that the update server is not available for downloading patch data. The updater sits @0% progress and after a few minutes it seems to time out and give a message along the lines of “update server is unavailable”.

Does anyone know anything about this?

No its not, MZ compiles with the nightly version.

Just be patient, its a hardware router that has to be reset.

When can we expect this to happen? :slight_smile:

@normen: Ok. I am in no rush. I just wanted to make sure that the issue was not on my end. Thank you for your response normen.

Semi-related @normen: I have noticed that the website has been crawling to an almost halt as of the passed two to three weeks. Is this due to the hosting environment being unoptimized or has there been an increase in website activity lately? In any case, if the project can use one or two additional cdn-nodes I might be able to assist.

lohnn said:
When can we expect this to happen? :)

If I knew I would have included that information, meanwhile: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/patience

gasher said:
Semi-related @normen: I have noticed that the website has been crawling to an almost halt as of the passed two to three weeks.

No, its the same router causing this, notice the web server address in your browser bar right now and the update center address in jMP's settings are pointing to the same server?

@normen: I see. Well then I know the particulars. If at some point there is a need for additional cdn-nodes let me know. Thank you for your help normen.

Its not about mirror space, CDN or anything, we have all that. Its simply a broken router.

normen said:
If I knew I would have included that information, meanwhile: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/patience

Wow, thanks @normen! That was a new word for me ;)
No but really, as long as you tell us when the problem is solved, I'm sure we can wait :)

I have not been able to update either.

Same here, my interest in downloading the updates is that Monkey Zone won’t compile because large amounts of Networking code isn’t found. From what I’ve read their was a major re-write of the Networking code and MZ uses these changes so getting JME fully updated will allow a full compile, is this the case or am I waiting on something that won’t fix my problem?

impaler said:is this the case

It is ;)

It has been 48 hours and I am still unable to update jMP. @normen: Is it possible to give an estimate as to when this problem will be addressed? If, for some reason, the problem can not be addressed at the moment, what is your suggested course of action towards remedy? Is it possible to somehow perform this operation manually?

Thank you.

Yes, the router will be reset about 10 minutes after @sbook sets foot on the ground of the NY university campus :stuck_out_tongue:

Compiling the sources yourself will probably prove problematic as well, you’d maybe have to compile the base platform yourself too, normally its a 150MB download from the same server (this server) that happens once when you do the trunk compile. My suggested course of action is the one I mentioned from the beginning though.

@normen: I have uploaded the needed zip to my server for such purposes, if you don’t mind. :slight_smile:

you can grab it at: http://www.novyon.org/ppx/platform-base.zip

Hello,

I have some problems with the update too.

It downloads a few percent and then stops (without errormessage, but the % won’t rise…).

Now I’m trying to download the nightly build package, but there I have only a downloadrate of 30kb/s (other things with 700kb/s) and after 5 minutes it is stopped (firefox said succesfull but I couldn’t open the package and It was only 13MB (after a few hours downloading) in my first try I only get 255kb)

@mainclain: I believe that the problem is (as stated by normen in this thread) a faulty router. At the moment patience will be your most successful tool in tacling this issue. I am sure the router will be restarted soon.

Okay, than I’ll wait :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the answer :smiley:

I would also like for this problem to get fixed soon.

I was able to download all the latest nightly changes (after having used vanilla jmp). Now jmp won’t start, however, but gets stuck on “Starting Modules”. Is there anything to do about this? Any way to find out what module is causing the problem and turn it off?