Weapon placement

I have created a weapon that should be used in my game. But I can’t understand how I should use it.

A camera node feels like the way to go but I don’t understand if it works with FPS games?

Right now I’m using a flyCam wich doesn’t support adding children to it.

My game will also feature multiple weapons, do I have to take this innto account acording to zero placements an such?

I do also have some questions about UV mapping and everything that needs to be done to get my just model weapon

to become a good lokking one with textures and everything. But as I have no idea about this (this is my first model ever)

I don’t know what to ask but for some nice tutorial :slight_smile:

@rasmuseneman said:
I have created a weapon that should be used in my game. But I can't understand how I should use it.
A camera node feels like the way to go but I don't understand if it works with FPS games?
Right now I'm using a flyCam wich doesn't support adding children to it.

My game will also feature multiple weapons, do I have to take this innto account acording to zero placements an such?

I do also have some questions about UV mapping and everything that needs to be done to get my just model weapon
to become a good lokking one with textures and everything. But as I have no idea about this (this is my first model ever)
I don't know what to ask but for some nice tutorial :)

a cameraNode would be the way to go but setting the control direction to CameraToSpatial. Then attach your weapon to the node

for your second question check blendercookie (http://cgcookie.com/blender/). check the blender basics section then the tutorial section, everything you need to know is in there... even more.

You were right a cameraNode was what I wanted.

Looked at some tutorials and I think I got the basic idea but I still can’t get it right thoug.

Well a little bit more testing is probably needed.

The only thing I right now think is strange is that my gun (with basic single color materials) gets very dark in jME but looks good in blender. And I do have lights.

@rasmuseneman said:
The only thing I right now think is strange is that my gun (with basic single color materials) gets very dark in jME but looks good in blender. And I do have lights.

Are you giving the gun a lit material with a specular color assigned to it?

@rasmuseneman, use [java]light.setColor(ColorRGBA.White.mult(2));[/java]

@DesiQuintans

I don’t know. I use the material in blender and selected a diffuse color and a specular color.

@memonick

If I do everything else becomes super bright. I’m using the town (with good lighting) from collisions tutorial as of now.

I have found the problem. My model is not receiving ambient light, just directional light.

I have choosed some gray as ambient color on the world in blender but that doesn’t help.

Any ideas?

I’ve had this happen with materials imported from blender. If I create the material inside JME3 though it doesn’t happen. As I don’t use imported materials I’ve never really looked into it in detail.

Okej, will have to create the materials as jME materials then.

Thanks for all help!