What are the game studios that heavily use JMonkeyEngine?

I really liked SkullStone demo. But I’m a 80’s favorite type of person. Like those Dungeon Master style games from the 80s.

1 Like

This is why a game is successful and why many games are dying(Cuz they cant keep up to that)
along with that, comes game design and the nature of the game.
Minecraft is the only popular game i know without a big goal.

1 Like

Mount & Blade series! Just a big sandbox. I absolutely love them. But I understand that most people need goals, it is easy.

1 Like

yes :+1:, but still for a multiplayer more people play old Warband than new Bannerlord hehe

ofc its offtopic here, so we should get back to topic ;p

The Leading Game Engines Used by Top Companies and Game Studios for 3D Commercial Games

In the fast-paced world of game development, choosing the right game engine is crucial for creating visually stunning and immersive 3D commercial games. Many companies and game studios rely on powerful game engines to bring their creative visions to life. In this article, we will explore some of the leading game engines that are widely used by top companies and game studios to develop cutting-edge 3D commercial games.

1. Unreal Engine

Unreal Engine, developed by Epic Games, is a widely popular game engine known for its exceptional graphics capabilities and robust features. It offers a comprehensive set of tools and functionalities that enable developers to create highly realistic environments, detailed characters, and engaging gameplay experiences. Some of the notable games created using Unreal Engine include “Fortnite,” “Gears of War,” and “BioShock Infinite.”

2. Unity

Unity is another industry-leading game engine that has gained immense popularity among developers. It provides a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features that make game development accessible to both beginners and seasoned professionals. With Unity, developers can create visually stunning games across multiple platforms, including PC, console, mobile, and virtual reality. Popular games developed with Unity include “Pokémon Go,” “Cuphead,” and “Hearthstone.”

3. CryEngine

CryEngine, developed by Crytek, is renowned for its powerful rendering capabilities and advanced physics simulation. This game engine has been used to create visually breathtaking games that push the boundaries of realism. Games such as “Far Cry” and “Crysis” have showcased the stunning visual effects and lifelike environments that CryEngine is capable of delivering.

4. Frostbite

Frostbite, developed by EA DICE, is a cutting-edge game engine primarily used by Electronic Arts (EA) for their game development projects. Frostbite is known for its exceptional graphical fidelity and dynamic lighting system, which contribute to the overall immersive experience of the games created with it. Popular titles like the “Battlefield” series, “FIFA,” and “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order” have all utilized Frostbite.

5. Lumberyard

Lumberyard, backed by Amazon Web Services (AWS), is an increasingly popular game engine that offers a combination of powerful visual scripting and advanced rendering capabilities. It is particularly well-suited for creating large-scale, open-world games with stunning graphics. Games such as “New World” and “Crucible” have been developed using Lumberyard, showcasing its potential for creating visually impressive and expansive game worlds.

6. Godot

Godot is an open-source game engine that has been gaining traction in the game development community. It provides a flexible and intuitive development environment, making it an attractive choice for indie developers and small studios. Godot offers a wide range of features, including a visual editor, scripting support, and a dedicated community that actively contributes to its development. Notable games developed with Godot include “Hollow Knight” and “TowerFall Ascension.”

7. Unity for CRYENGINE

Unity for CRYENGINE is a collaboration between Unity Technologies and Crytek, combining the strengths of both game engines. This collaboration allows developers to leverage Unity’s user-friendly interface and extensive asset store while benefiting from CRYENGINE’s advanced rendering capabilities. It provides developers with a powerful toolset for creating visually stunning and immersive games.

this ai bot do not answered properly his question xd

I marked it off topic for review. I could just bin it but I prefer a second opinion.

…either way it’s kind of a shame to have AI-posted nonsense on this forum.

1 Like

I don’t really understand what the goal was. It wasnt trying to sell anything, just a kind of rubbish answer to not quite the question asked ages ago. Why get an AI to do that?

Yeah its very confusing why anyone would take the time to make a bot to do this with nothing to gain.

My best guess is that someone tried making one of those “helper-bots” like all those automated ones you see on twitter and reddit that constantly reply to comments all over the site. I guess some can be cool or funny, but I’d say they’re rarely helpful.

I suppose someone must’ve thought it would be a good idea to make a bot that scours the internet for game engine discussions, then makes an account and posts automated replies from somthing like chat-gpt in an attempt to be helpful. And now we’re seeing the result of that lol

This is the second time in the last few months hat we’re seeing an AI response leave a completely wrong answer on here, so I worry this helper-bot problem is only going to get worse over time as more people start unleashing them across the internet.

1 Like

This sort of AI is especially insidious.

It’s not actually answering questions. It’s just showing what an answer would look like. Kind of like drawing a picture with text. If it manages to achieve a certain accuracy in how the answer looks then by that nature the answer may be ‘correct’. But it also means that the completely wrong nonsense answers will LOOK very correct… and that’s almost worse than no answer at all.

6 Likes

That reminds me of this video where someone tried asking chat-gpt to draw a circle, and it manages to come up with an impressive number of ways to give the wrong answer and will never just say “I can’t do that”.

It even tries providing the number 0 which is an oval, but never thinks to try a lower case o for some reason. Gave me a good laugh the first time I watched it.

4 Likes

@yaRnMcDonuts The bot proved the video right

1 Like

Shouldn’t we exclude this bot from this forum ?

Yeah, going to block them now.

Edit: Done. I’ve also deleted the most recent post… which I mention only for future readers who won’t have seen it to understand there was a “strike 3”.

Edit2: seems like there was another one queued, too. Rejected.

6 Likes