What is the best way to load a stadium model?

Hello,

I have a stadium model in blender which consists of multiple objects ( or "meshes" I dont know the right word)

like left tribune, right tribune … and the pitch.

What I want to do in my program is to reach the pitch mesh and add goal posts to specific locations of it. I tried these:

1.) I exported my model to .obj and then rendered it. (I can also export to 3ds format.) The problem is:

ObjToJme or MaxToJme classes does not have any method to reach any specific geometry data (like the pitch mesh in my case). All the examples I have seen so far, just loads the binary data to specific JME classes like Node or Spatial.

2.) Then I managed to export my model as a collada model and successfully imported it by ColladaImporter. ColladaImporter hopefully has methods like getGeometry. But I will not continue with ColladaImporter because as I learned from other topics that Collada is not very well supported in JME. So I think I'll not continue with it.

Should I load every stadium object (like tribunes and the pitch) as a seperate model?

Or should I make the pitch as terrain?

Anyway what is the best solution to add a stadium model?

I guess MrCoder can help me as he has a hockey game!!

Thanks.

mriacles said:

ObjToJme or MaxToJme classes does not have any method to reach any specific geometry data

of course they don't, they're just Converter classes. When you have the Node loaded you can call:

node.getChild("russelCroweWithoutHead");

This is assuming that you named the various object in the .obj file correctly. That has been discussed in the forums, search for it  ;)