What needs to be done to get jME 3.1 final out?

Seems to have worked and even uploaded to jcenter. It’s way faster without the SDK now.

So the artifacts should be available in jcenter but I haven’t tried them yet. The Github release page is here:

If someone wants to write up a nicer summary of changes then that would be really nice. Just need to go through the provided list and pull out some highlights I guess.

6 Likes

^ Mouse cursor disappearing after changing it multiple times · Issue #537 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

If someone links these with the issues in the summary, here is one.

I’ll edit the release note with a more synthetic “what’s new” tonight.

4 Likes

Thanks. I think I at least walked the information up to the door for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

definitely :wink:

2 Likes

Thats why i prefix the commits like “Fixes #500”, then it’s even clickable on github

Yes, definitely should. I do it everywhere else, just this one time… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the release, seems to be running fine!

Is there a thread somewhere about working up to 3.2? It would be nice to have some kind of milestones, todo’s, etc. that potential contributors could jump into.

Are there plans to make a new SDK beta release? I would happily test and try it :smile:

updated the release log

worse what it worse at least you have a TL;DR overview

3 Likes

I’ll do it, yeah. But it won’t Change much (sdk-wise), since there only were 2 commits since then.
Apart from that it’s like downloading the new engine jars and using them as libraries.

To make it 3, I can add new commit to update SDK to netbeans 8.2 (if it is really necessary) :wink:

1 Like

If that works flawlessly then we can safely upgrade to 8.2 and see what hapopens

3 Likes

Congratulations with the new release.

Thanks for the hard work.

There are some improvements with NetBeans 8.2 for java:
https://netbeans.org/community/releases/82/

I think it’'s worth the upgrade.

Also this issue is fixed, tested it.
I add the PR on github.

Ah cool.
I actually neuer had that issue but glad it is fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Judt to chime in, i am periodically still active, though i havent found any issues in 3.1 to report. I have found a couple bugs in @pspeed isosurface code and and working on some manipulation tools for it (appstates ftw. What a revelation…), which ill happily push somewhere. Iv already got some perlin worms working for it too for caves. Those two additions should make isosurface pretty cool. There are also a few unexposed or hard to reach settings, such as seed, that could be tidied up.I also intend to extend sim abboreal to offer more leaf types and trunk textures and allow more than one joint at the trunk. Those changes should allow a user to make virtually any tree or bush. That will be a valuable resource, especially coupled with surfaceiso. Anyway, those intend to be my contributions if anyone is interested!

3 Likes