Who has been your biggest jME mentor?

Who's been there the most to help you through all of your crashes, exceptions, HotSpotVM Access Violations, etc. during your stay at hotel de JME? Just curious  :smiley:

google + the scary amount of papers on different topics that come out every year

renanse for sure. i love that guy  :smiley:

Dr. Gregory House, of course. A good exercise of never giving up.

But i like to add Core-Dump, renanse, neakor and MrCorder to the footnote section :wink:

I finally realized that renanse = Josh Slack, so that's how he knows so much =]]

It's a tie between Mr WiKi and Ms Arvanced Search

there are mentors around here? why dont i have one?  :wink:

Oh come on, there has to be somebody that continually seems to answer your posts or give you advice or SOMETHING.

For me it's hands-down MrCoder. He's been more helpful to me than I could've ever imagined.

Trussell said:

Oh come on, there has to be somebody that continually seems to answer your posts or give you advice or SOMETHING.

well, no. There are a few that continually seem to answer ...

- Momoko fan
- mojomonk
- his Frogness
- Mr. Coder
and of course:
- renanse

And I'm pretty sure that list is quite the same for everyone  ;)

Me  :D, and google combined with Advanced Search

It's a tie between Mr WiKi and Ms Arvanced Search

I second that  :D
Of course, that's only possible because of all the good material people have put out there already.
Trussell said:

I finally realized that renanse = Josh Slack, so that's how he knows so much =]]

LOL.  :)

Honestly I'd have to say "the community".  As has been stated many times, our forum community is probably the nicest and most helpful of any open source community around.

Yes. More supportive of helping newbs and supporting people's ambition than I have ever seen anywhere else on the web.

Trussell said:

Yes. More supportive of helping newbs and supporting people's ambition than I have ever seen anywhere else on the web.

Ditto. So many active people, and cool stuff going on all the time. The user code/showcase motivates me a lot. I can't wait to play with GLSL and tap into the real potential of JME.

My biggest jME mentor are the jmetests. If it wasn't for them it would have been impossible for me to do anything.

So, more jmetests :slight_smile: