Why it is like 8 cubes?

why it is like 8 cubes?, in j3o format and in jmonkeyBuilder:

and in blender:
Capture

how can I solve it?

TangentBinormalGenerator.generate(model)

is it possible to do it blender?

no thatā€™s a JME thing, do it in the code or you ca do it in both the SDK or in JMonkeyBuilder

I did it in code and in jme builder, but nothing changed.

Well, itā€™s definitely acting like the normals or tangents are messed up.

If you arenā€™t using bump or normal maps then the tangents wonā€™t matter. If you are then in your material, you can try turning off bump and normal maps to see if it fixes it. (If so then it was tangents all along.) If itā€™s still messed up then itā€™s normalsā€¦ and that indicates another issue because it means that somehow the vertexes arenā€™t shared.

I would look more deeply at your Blender mesh to see if there is something strange.

1 Like

this is my .blend Model:

I might be wrong, but are your vertices shared between cubes? It seems like if you copied and then pasted cubes to exactly fit with each other to form a bigger cube.

1 Like

It depends on how he UV-unwrapped it maybe.

The .blend file is there. Hopefully someone with time and proper experience can take a look. Unfortunately, Iā€™m not one of those people.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at your .blend file, and is there a reason you want to divide that cube in 8 small cubes? If itā€™s because of the textures, proper UV mapping is way more efficient and less dirty than this method.

Also you should ā€œRemove Doublesā€ often, you had 37 duplicated vertices, thatā€™s way too much for a cubeā€¦

1 Like

I just noticed now you have faces ā€œinsideā€ the cube, thatā€™s probably whatā€™s making that weird effect on jME.

1 Like

As many said above this is probably due to the fact that your cube is made of multiple smaller cubes.

1 Like

Yes, the multiple cubes things is strangeā€¦ but if the normals, vertex colors, etc. were correct then he wouldnā€™t have visual artifacts.

I suspect a flatten/renormalize/etc. thing needs to be done in blender maybe.

1 Like