Why it was down?

This Thread really got on discourse actually :joy:
The Problem with donations and anything is: we are a really small community plus we have no coordinator.

Who should get the Money and assign it? Who would shutdown the server when we ran out of memory?

And who would crowdfund an unknown gameengine instead of an indie game? We cant give something individual back.

Actually i Think we just Lack people. Devs who can chime in and maybe some community guys (Like @Ali_RS was/is the defacto support for stupid questions on the hub).

Oracle is a Bad idea btw, I remember someone complaining that they raped their products, so we’d Loose freedom.

(Excuse the capitalization btw, I am on my phone)

3 Likes

But the path was fully enjoyed while you and your team were walking thru it, and that is exactly what you are saying here, you loved it, and that is what really matters. The future is unpredictable, how many technologies are being developed in secrecy that may change the course of decisions and actions tomorrow? Just enjoy while you are on it, and whenver things change: adapt :). The most important part also is what you learned, that cant be taken from you no matter what.

Adding to that, who would predict Nicola Tesla (the one true savior of our species, in a sense), would end that way… :(, and still I am sure he loved discovering and creating all that!

(and it IS useful)

I am speaking about already ready technologies that just need to be used together to optimize the quality of the server.
The work would be on preparing the maintenance automation scripts, that dont need to be done all at once.
And most important is security right? what can be publicly exposed that wont compromize the server? only on that the contributors can have a chance to work.

How an outsider (me) can really do anything other than throw ideias in the fan and let it spread everywhere while ppl try to evade it? xD

Applied knowledge is power. Anything else is … well … merely a thought.

2 Likes