Asteroids with a kick!
Find your way home to earth by opening wormholes using math equations while avoiding asteroids!
Destroy asteroids to get random numbers that can be collected. In order to travel to the next galaxy and eventually find your way home you need to solve the equations at the bottom of the screen and collect the correct number.
Here is the video of the latest progress (the video quality is not that great and the sound lags a bit). I am using the free open source screen capture tool CamStudioRecorder (http://camstudio.org/) recording a window and i’ve entered my FPS (60) as the capture frequency, but still it’s not what it is locally. Got a 4 MB video that i uploaded to Youtube. In any case you’ll get a better feeling for what the game is going to be.
Plans for the the rest of the development:
- Add particle effects to: bullets, explosion of asteroids, engine exhaust
- Make the ship constantly glide forward while being able to accelerate/de-accelerate
- Find nicer sounds and more space images
- Remodel numbers to use a better clearer looking material
- Create a level mechanism (number of equations, loading of levels, etc)
- Add a "wormhole" upon level completion
- Integrate the story line
- Add main menu
- Add intro animation
- Add background music
- Use text-to-speech software to mimic 2001: A Space Odyssey on board computer
- Add different things to pick up besides numbers (health, stronger guns, etc.)
- Add alien ships
- Upload a playable version somewhere
If you catch some time let me know what you guys think!