WIP:Pirate Hell – final version released – Bug reporting to me!

@normen: err, I would, but… ah crap. Here’s the next problem: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/import-assets/forum/topic/blender-animation-no-workingº/?topic_page=2&num=15&_wpnonce=fb129d9515#post-154949

Things are going on very well.

I’ve added two mission types, outlined the campaign and finished nearly 90% of the assets including the boss model (but I will not show it. Let’s call it not-spoilering-to-much ^^ ).

I’m looking to get an release state this week. Cannot promise to much but it’s looking good.

So hold the course, sailors! We’re on to something.

ceiphren

1 Like

Corrected the ship-assets, resolved a bunch of bugs and added the boss-mission.

What’s left to do?

• Including a mouse-based control
  • including the mission-lost state
  • smoothing the gui
  • little howto and some explanations
  • including sound
  • a bunch of bug-fixing

and:
  • making the game able to switch between ingame- and menu-state.

damn I am excited.^^

Demo is up. See topic.

looks great. Ran fine, Win7 64x gtx470.

Only thing I spotted was remaining kill count stops at -1, not 0 .

Loved it. couldn’t stop playing. Sorry no bug report but had fun.

That’s very very polished, the menus looks so awesome!!! Are they made with nifty?

The game is very fun (maybe a bit too easy, but i guess you did not tweak the difficulty since it’s a demo)!

Great work ceiphren.

Thanks guys. These words are the fuel of motivation.

@nehon: yep. It’s 100% nifty with custom controls and styles. This gui-framework is just awesome (cannot mention that enough^^)

But now it’s time for a break (family and christmas and that that stuff, you know :slight_smile: )

Merry christmas to you :wink:

hehe cool, reminds me a lot of the sea fights in Sid Meier’s Pirates!

No bugs or problems (except the -1-thing) found? I’m confused. ^^°

Everything worked fine for me…(yeah i noticed the -1 thing too).

I guess you just did a great job :wink:

Looks great, but part of the screen doesn’t show up (resolution). Any chance that it will be changed in the future (maybe settings to choose from?)?

@memonick: can you give me a screenshot?

http://i42.tinypic.com/kdo40m.png

BTW, like the save/load feature ^^

New version is up. See topic.

@memonick: ah yeah. The resolution has to be at least 1280*800 or the gui will not fit.

Currently I have no more time to fix that. Sorry. That has to wait until next year.

Submit it in sbook’s topic!

@memonick: Next day. Today I just want to sleep.^^

btw. @nehon: I’m always proud hearing something like that from a programming-trooper like you. Remember your water filter is the foundation of my games.^^

well yeah, i’m not that much of a trooper, i’m just some nerd in an attic :wink:

Seeing all the cool games made in this contest is IMO the best reward we can get, every programmer should know that at least once.

2 Likes
@nehon said:
well yeah, i'm not that much of a trooper, i'm just some nerd in an attic ;)

Seeing all the cool games made in this contest is IMO the best reward we can get, every programmer should know that at least once.

+1, the contest entries have been really fun to see come alive!