WIP: Rhythm game - Contest Entry

good work, great to see some game play, I was worried you were going to have to switch from a rhythm game to a menu navigation game :wink:

1 Like

@thetoucher, Hmm… You’re inspirational :stuck_out_tongue: That’s quite a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

er…Maybe I’m going show more gameplay next week, I didn’t do the keyboard / kinect interaction with the gameplay yet, I’ll do that when I have time, I’m not having time this week. I’ll still model and rig the character too, and the player will have to mirror its movements. About the name “Pace of the Gods”, I think it’s good!

Is it a trollation?

Kinect? Sounds interesting. How do you get input from it into Java / jME3? If I interpret the video correctly, the original game is about pressing the right button on a game pad at the right time. Are you really planning to do that with gestures?

The second video that I showed is about a Rhythm Game for Nitendo Wii where the player plays the game with the WiiMotes, by doing gestures. In this case, I’m doing a game where the player plays with your gestures through Natural User Interface (NUI) with the kinect device. I’m using the lastest OpenNI and NITE frameworks and I’m implementing them in my working copy of the jmonkeyengine project, then I add the project to my game. At beginning, it will support the default NITE gestures as well(swipe left, swipe right, swipe up, swipe down, push) and I plan to implement custom gesture recognitions in a near future. I’m going to release the first version of the game today for my coursework, This project is about rehabilitation of children and elderly through motion capture technology.

looking good, i loved parappa the rappa as a kid :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too . I’ve downloaded that again for my ps1 emulator.

About the game progress, I’m just clarifying some questions before creating the Sound Editor :). And solving some kinect troubles.

Ok. I’ve already implemented keyboard and kinect interaction for the gameplay :D, now I’m going to create the tracks, that’s a impossible mission :P, because I have to create a track editor like in FretsOnFire, but to do such stuff is needed to retard / advance sounds, and actually there’s no build for that in jME :/. I will do by best ;).

-glaucomardano

EDIT: Hmmm. I’ve just remembered that FretsOnFire is OpenSource, and it was built with OpenGL :D, so maybe it uses OpenAL, I’ll look at its source code.

EDIT2: No -.-. FretsOnFire doesn’t use OpenAL.

Submitted 8) : http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/beta-1-game-contest/forum/topic/beta-1-contest-submissions/?topic_page=2&num=15&_wpnonce=3280d336cf#post-157011.

1 Like

Nice work Glauco! Submission verified :slight_smile:

I’ll have to borrow a Kinect from another lab once I’m back at work!