(August 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

New era of JME?

1 Like

Wellā€¦ if it becomes a solid pipelineā€¦ could be yes.

5 Likes

Bloody hell you work fast. I was about to ask why weā€™d want thatā€¦ But after reading up on the format. Sheesh. It does sound good.

You are a f*ng wizard Nehon!

Dude, that is just greatā€¦
Looks like you are enjoying it as well.

And btw the code is available in a branch separate branch here
https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine/tree/feature/gltf-loader/jme3-plugins/src/gltf/java/com/jme3/scene/plugins/gltf

7 Likes

I can see where all this is heading. The sketchfab/discourse integration is actually a very welcome perk. I have to admit im slightly excited about this because model importing has always been something of a trick (at least to me) to get right. The ā€œprocessā€ that i can see coming out of this should be a nice solid workframe. With a catalog to demo it to high heaven. Much excite! :slight_smile: <3

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to start project ā€˜Skullstone 2ā€™ based on new JME :smiley:

3 Likes

Will this feature be incorporated into the SDK?

1 Like

I will include it to SSEditor :wink:

1 Like

I guess you have to ask @Darkchaos about SDK stuff not @nehon though. I also hope it will find a way into the SDK as I still use the SDK a lot :slight_smile: even with gradle under the hood.

1 Like

Implemented auto-finding of all available controls in the editor :slight_smile: It includes controls from user classpath, editor classpath and plugins classpath.

5 Likes
Caused by: com.jme3.asset.AssetLoadException: Inlined base64 data is not supported yet
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readData(GltfLoader.java:371)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readBuffer(GltfLoader.java:350)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.access$400(GltfLoader.java:31)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader$VertexBufferPopulator.populate(GltfLoader.java:666)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader$VertexBufferPopulator.populate(GltfLoader.java:646)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.loadAccessorData(GltfLoader.java:332)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.loadMeshPrimitives(GltfLoader.java:272)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.loadNode(GltfLoader.java:170)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.loadNode(GltfLoader.java:194)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.loadScenes(GltfLoader.java:134)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.load(GltfLoader.java:100)
	... 6 more

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Sample-Models/tree/master/2.0/BrainStem/glTF-pbrSpecularGlossiness

WARNING 16:52:58:806 TangentGenerator: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikkTSpaceImpl.getTexCoord(MikkTSpaceImpl.java:66)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.getTexCoord(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:705)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.MergeVertsFast(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:401)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generateSharedVerticesIndexList(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:352)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.genTangSpace(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:130)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.genTangSpaceDefault(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:92)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generate(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:84)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generate(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:79)
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generate(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:79)
	at com.ss.editor.model.tool.TangentGenerator.useMikktspaceGenerator(TangentGenerator.java:43)

Manā€¦ Iā€™m not finished yet and you are reporting issuesā€¦

5 Likes

sorry :slight_smile:

ā€œBeatings shall continue until moral improvesā€ :wink:

4 Likes

ā€¦and reporting issues in the screenshot thread, too. Shame shame. Heheh.

Edit: speaking of, @nehon when you get to the point where you care about such things, perhaps a thread where people can post their gltf issues (and hopefully links to models) might be helpful for everyone.

1 Like

develop version of SS editor with glTF loader :wink:
https://yadi.sk/d/q57kaSHh3LurHM

Yep definitely