CarGame - my game about cars

Hello to all,
I’m making my simple 3D game about cars. I’m just in the beginning, by the time adding new things and improving. Now you can drive 3 cars in the game and have a fun with them. Today I just added simple job, where you have to deliver a tyre. I don’t know what to say about it now. Here are pictures of the game. Ask a question, if you have one. I will post the game here if you want to try it.

14 Likes

Cool. All the best with your game! Its a fun thing to code your own game right? And don’t worry, even if it doesn’t turn out the way it was supposed to or you never finish it, not a second of your time will be wasted, its incredible how much one learns by just doing the things that are in grasp.

9 Likes

Yea, it’s really a great fun coding my own game. Think what to create new, then find a way how to do it, solve some problems and at last write it right. And this way, I want to say thank you for your support and thank to all whos helped me to find solutions for my problems.

1 Like

Looks like you’ve been having fun :wink:
At this point I would add some lighting and maybe textures. If you are in for some advanced stuff you could also add shadows.

1 Like

I will add shadows and play with lightning by the time, but I like it more without textures. It looks fancy and this colors is awesome, just try to look on the picture without smiling.

3 Likes

Just, if you want to know what is actually happening to my game: CarGame

1 Like

Hello guys,
I have been working on my game and here are results. Updated Car3 (yellow one) and added a new car - Car5 (grey one). You will be able to drive them soon. But first, you have to buy one. Car3 will coasts 950 and Car5 800.
Here is my facebook page about my CarGame

3 Likes

I bet no modern game/engine supports EGA mode, so you have all chances to be the 1st one to reinvent it and grab all the money 1st one deserves :wink:

2 Likes

Where I should write to reserve it ? :grinning:

1 Like

Oh, I’m so hell far from commercial stage yet, let’s ask someone closer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pffff…
My game supports CGA. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, it’s time to resurrect Paratrooper then. With JME capabilities, of course. In 3D, where arrow keys will control barrel rotation’s x, y, z and w (increase, and decrease with pressed shift). “Quaratrooper, a game for true Chuck Norris !”

1 Like

New update is out!
I added new job, where you have to deliver some wood. Wood will load to trailer behind the house. Then go to the shop (building where green car is next to) from window side and press E. You will earn 15 coins for each log. CarGame

5 Likes

During the summer holiday I have a lot of time so I waste it by playing with my cars.
Here is what I have done:

• cars now have simple gearbox
  • marked locations where you have to deliver things
  • new car
  • small bugs fixed
  • prepare for upcoming ability to tune cars
  • replaced barn

4 Likes

Just a suggestion: Have you thought about using a directional and an ambient light to make the game look bit better?
Right now, everything is one color only. I think you might be suprised at how much better it looks when you add lighting.
Anyway, your game seems nice!

1 Like

I’m using direct light and ambient light but without shadows. Maybe I have to give a look on lightning :smiley:

2 Likes

Are your materials also lighting or are they unshaded? Because they look unshaded to me.

1 Like

i really love the look of your game! the almost unshaded feel to it is super cool. What would make it look cooler is good color selection. Maybe if you used more exotic colors like in the game hyperlight drifter.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Hyper-Light-Drifter-4-1.jpg

^this is hyper lightdrifter

hex: 00FF7D color for the grass
hex: A35F3F color for the dirt

just my color suggestions

you can do the color edits later but what matters is the gameplay, good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice. I’m glad that you love how my game looks. I prefer this easy shade models, there is not so much work to do with it. And I’m personaly looking forward when more and more car parts will come. It will look amazing in cars.

1 Like

My work is going slowly forward. It’s really fun to play with the code. Especially, when there are people who can help you.
As you can see in the picture below, in left upper corner, some numbers have appeared. First line from the top is your current money. “OC” means Oil Coins. I think it’s the best choice of money currency for game which is all about cars. The next line is your actual level. The higher level you are, the higher reward you will get from completing jobs. Line under shows how many experiences you have got. Also you know how many experiences are needed for next level. For level 1 it’s 100 exp, level 2 - 200 exp, level 3 - 300 exp etc. For now the highest level you could reach is 5. Last two lines inform how many times you have completed the jobs.

I think that’s everything for now.
Stay tuned!

4 Likes