Froggy now in 3D!

After has got his own smiley, now he’s also available in a 3d model:

Darkfrog at his home, the Dark Lilypad

Maybe it’s a good idea to make a game from this model?

Download here (3DS max model)

I release froggy under a BSD License.

I'll file a defamatory suit against anyone that uses that in a game.  :stuck_out_tongue:

…and what's with the tail?  Looks like a little dog's tail.

I like it better with the lipstick :slight_smile:

darkfrog said:

I'll file a defamatory suit against anyone that uses that in a game.  :P

SeySayux is spelled S-E-Y-S-A-Y-U-X, remeber that when suiting.  :P
darkfrog said:

...and what's with the tail?  Looks like a little dog's tail.

Non-mature frogs have little tails. The examples on wikipedia also had tails.
EDIT: If you don't believe me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pobblebonk_swimming_position.jpg
SeySayux said:

Hahahaha, double burn!

i caught darkforg yesterday and made this picture of him:

Your model dosen’t look much like him  :slight_smile:

If I can base myself on the image in his avatar, that's either a baby picture or he has token too much growing hormones for his avy.

Had… to do this… couldn’t… resist…

The result of ‘jar cv darkfrog’

Edit: updated

HAHA! Thats actually pretty funny  :stuck_out_tongue:

But given darkfrogs already inflated sense of self importance all this attention will be the death of us  ;)  XD

What do you think of this as a game idea:

"Oh no! DarkFrog got capured while applying his lipstick! Help DarkFrog escaping and get back to his home pond!"

The main game would be something similiar to frogger.

Gentleman Hal said:

But given darkfrogs already inflated sense of self importance all this attention will be the death of us  ;)  XD

Inflated insinuates larger than reality...I think you're just in denial. ;)

SeySayux said:

The main game would be something similiar to frogger.

Except all the cars would be swerving towards the frog instead of continuing to go straight on the road?  :P

BTW, that was a really funny model....but at that angle the frogs face looks more like a relative of Kermit.
darkfrog said:

BTW, that was a really funny model....but at that angle the frogs face looks more like a relative of Kermit.

That's just due to the fact that there's no lipstick on the frog.  Then it would look like Ms. Piggy and Kermit's ex-con brother's illegitimate daughter love child - or something.

I think.

To be honest, it was a 10 minutes model  :D. The meshsmooth is what made it a lot better.

EDIT: After all, it's a lot better than some models that are used in popular games  :-o. (Think of runescape, for example, and their wonderfull excuses "Yea it has so bad graphics cuz it's in java!" – Never heard of jme?)

maybe they use low-polygon count models because that makes the game accessible on low-end hardware?  :wink:

I have tons of "low end hardware" (SiS 651 – That's low end, not?) and jME runs as fine as runescape. There isn't even a official openGL driver for my graphics card!

Also note I'm not friends with jagex. I just meant to say that it's not because it's in java it has to have bad graphics, like they claim.

SeySayux said:

darkfrog said:

I'll file a defamatory suit against anyone that uses that in a game.  :P

SeySayux is spelled S-E-Y-S-A-Y-U-X, remeber that when suiting.  :P
darkfrog said:

...and what's with the tail?  Looks like a little dog's tail.

EDIT: If you don't believe me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pobblebonk_swimming_position.jpg

When suiting ?  :D

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31462_Clipboard01_122_828lo.jpg

edit : i had to put url tags since those img doesn’t work on this forum …  :x

Img tags actually do work (how did i do it otherwise?). You just need to link directly to the image :wink:

SeySayux said:

Img tags actually do work (how did i do it otherwise?). You just need to link directly to the image ;)

as you can see the link is directly to the image, there's probably a size limit. but i think my size is 512x512, or is it ?

Though I was going to leave this topic alone hoping it would die a natural death, I will explain that the reason the image doesn’t show up is because that link isn’t to an image, but rather to a web page.

You could probably do: