Working really hard at my unnamed maze game, and it’s come a very long way since I posted it in the April 2021 WIP Thread.
- New gun model based on an SW22.
- New enemy models, so the enemies aren’t just big black cubes.
- Gunshot and mobbing sound effects, plus a nice “rushy” background beat.
- Fixed maze generation so it doesn’t generate an impossible maze half the time. Still some work to do though.
- Maze generation removes most of the unneeded blocks.
- HUD text for kills, health, time, and temperature.
- Different enemy types. Implemented the framework to do it, I just need to get the models and stats for each type.
- Pausing. Except it doesn’t continue yet. Right now it’s just to catch sweet scenes for screenshots.
- Set gun to semi-auto.
- Implemented muzzle flash.
- Can now right-click to aim along the iron sights.
WIP features (not functioning or just an idea):
- Name! I can’t believe I don’t have one already.
- Bullet holes (see How to Paste Image on Face if you’d like to help)
- Menu, death screen, win screen, etc.
- Kill streak bonuses (like, uh, I dunno).
- Enemy health (right now, everything’s a one-tap).
I hope to release an alpha version soon (or beta, if I can get a menu up).
I appreciate any thoughts on my updates/bugs (though I’m not expecting too much, since nobody can actually play the game).
Edit: Just added two enemy types: Badbot and Badcopter.