How would I go about doing so, I have already started to make the model for the room in Blender 3D, but how would I implement the interactions with the room?
This is way too broad as a question. Please specify.
Also, this might be of help: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/jme3/beginner/hello_picking.html
(1) What sorts of interactions do you wish to implement?
(2) Have you completed any of the tutorials in the wiki?
As others have said here you need to go through the tutorials.
Tutorials a through h cover what you’re trying to achieve. I’d imagine i is also going to be important if you want walls to act like walls.
As other said, you will find a lot of the information you need in the tutorials, but you’ll also need to do lots of research through other sources, depending on what type of interactions you are looking for of course.
In general the steps you need to follow:
- Establish Basic Game State, JME makes this very easy.
- Import Models, this is your room, and the things within it, that you want to interact with
- register collision with a ray created between a base point(usually your cam coordinates) and your cursor position, this is referred to as mouse picking or ray casting in the JME tutorials and is covered nicely.
- interact with the object that is picked in step 3
Learn the basics of the framework first and particularly picking.
Later if you find yurself having to do a lot of interaction with the 3D world I recommend taking a look at Lemur.
It has some useful features for this: Modules · jMonkeyEngine-Contributions/Lemur Wiki · GitHub
I’ve found this super convenient.