(January 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Well there isn’t much magic there.
Think of what I call dynamics (that is geometry which is not part of the static level mesh).

In jme I have a SceneGraphTraverser and there I check If I find a Spatial where .getUserData(“dynamic”) != null.
Then I remove that spatial from that Node, add it directly unter the rootNode and give it it’s own RigidBodyControl.

For Water I add a plane in blender, add water_basic as Properties/UserData along with some values for the color and whatnot and in jme the same traverser removes the plane but adds a waterfilter there.

I’m working on layers for a scene editor…
Imgur
Who knows any good example of supporting layers in any editors?

4 Likes

mhh photoshop, substance painter…but in both cases the layer is also a file format feature… how are you gonna make this fit in a j3o?

I will provide a small library with extensions… I have added j3s format, SceneNode, SceneLayer classes to this library. If it will be intereseting to you, I can make a PR to include it to jME like a plugin.

IMO you are trying too hard.
You should let people use your editor before adding too much features.Stay simple, make the basics solid, then you’ll see.
Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I don’t have other options if I want to implement an advanced editor… :frowning:

1 Like

Man… there are plenty of useful features before even thinking to layers…

1 Like

I have started to implement a scene editor, and I think it is a base part of scene :wink: At this moment, I have no feature requests for model editor or material editor…
By the way, I have already integrated toneg0d.emitter with my editor, so I already have one external dependence…

@pspeed may I include your demo to my editor?

Sure if you want to.

re: layers, from a scene graph perspective why isn’t this just user data on the spatials? Not sure why j3os need extending just to store layers.

Okay, if you need a feature request: terrain editor. I have heard people complaining that no one uses that in the SDK, but I really like it to quickly throw together a level.

Also do you pause rendering of the JME canvas when your editor is not focused? I think that could solve some overhead on Ubuntu when switching workspaces.

1 Like

Can you create tickets about this on bitbucket?

I do agree: but the main problem whit the one in the SDK is performance. It’s so goddamn slow that it’s bug all the time x_X

Other than that the tool is pretty sweet, and really useful.

Btw, what alternative do people use? Am going at the global game Jam this weekend and if I could avoid using the terrain editor I would love that.

Well paint works actually, if you just draw a hightmap :slight_smile:

Our latest creature made for Skullstone:

18 Likes

Igitt!

4 Likes

After playing the game “Inside” (great game, highly recommend), I’m not sure anything in a game will ever freak me out again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like something out of XCOM

That looks really cool man, beautifully polished, gratz

Walking Bipeds WIP:

larger version

• basic bullet physics;
  • super advanced “move to target, then find another random target” Sky-net AI Algorithm Integration Processing Paralleling Cluster testing whatever;
  • procedural walk animation, using 2 frames / poses w/ leaning, auto facing, speed compensation.
  • auto “wall hugging”, 3rd animation frame / pose … I say pose because I have exported a 3 frame long animation from blender, comprising 2 walking poses and a wall hugging pose.

Still early but mature enough to integrate into Monkanim, because blending and state machining is horrible … :rice_scene::punch:

10 Likes