(January 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

It will not work on java 9 :frowning:

Really !!
Ooops … :anguished:

Should I use embedded window then ?

embedded window doesn’t work the same :frowning:

Can you please explain why not work in java 9 ?
Related to Unsafe stuffs ?

I’ve been hanging back from using JFX with JME because of concerns with future compatibility. Just out of curiosity, what is changing in Java 9 that will prevent texture copying from working? Module system class visibility?

yep :slight_smile:

No problem,
My player also supports JavaCV with ffmpeg decoder too :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope it does not break also. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you think that there will be a possible workaround so that JME/JFX integration can be done with Java 9?

Implemented more user frendly light node editing.

4 Likes

It’s my experimental branch to support java 9:

3 Likes

That’s great - very glad to hear that Java 9 won’t sink JME-JFX interop. :grinning:

Add subtitle support :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You know what would be awesome? an update notification, and if you’re feeling advanced, you could even pull a patch file and compile the changes - saving them having to download the entire thing each time.

2 Likes

Added position and rotation editing of audio nodes to scene editor :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Walking + Jumping + Wall Hugging +Crouching Bipeds WIP ::

The cubes all move around slowly (so the world environment is dynamic not static), the characters are using the same super basic ‘move to random target’ ‘ai’, the character rig figures out if a jump is needed, or a wall hug is required, or a landing or take off or walking cycle… the idea is to make the character animation rig ‘environment aware’ of the game world around it, so it can take care of traversal, cover and navigation, type tasks autonomously.

The current rig runs from 6 single frames of animation: walk_a, walk_b, crouch, jump_up, jump_down and wall_hug… and takes care of the rest, so animation skill is not required… which is good since I’m crap at that :wink:

:rice_scene::baseball:

9 Likes

…posts about animation… gives us static images. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fair point … cant be arsed recording a video because something something 30fps = 4x jump height because lazy, so static images it is, this is a screenshot thread…

it’s only for windows :frowning:

so what that’s the only real operating system, right?

1 Like