JMonkeyEngine Contest [Project Submission Now Open] [Closes Monday Febuary 22nd]

Are tools and frameworks accepted in the contest? ^^

Here’s my entry for an endless runner :wink:

while (true) {
    // Run!
}
8 Likes

Welp, you win. Competition over. :smile:

@methusalah

I planned to participate, but I spent my free time to update libs,… So I’ll not be able to provide something Wednesday.
I was not very inspired by the subject, I “simply” tried to port a webgl I made 2 years ago.

Maybe I’ll share some stuff. Good Luck to other participant.

:smiley:

What’s the exact time we close this contest? Is it 0:01 GMT (UTC) on Thursday?
I think I might be able to publish something until then, but 0:01 GMT on Wednesday is not possible.

I’ll extend the deadline to Monday February 22nd. There is no set time, but it will probably be sometime in the afternoon of that day. The best thing to do would to be done before that day starts.

1 Like

Okay, that’s nice. :chimpanzee_smile:

Note: The day starts depending where you are ± 23 hours are possible.

All times are in the United States Eastern Time zone unless otherwise specified.

Ahem, why not UTC/GMT? It’s more of an official world time and apparently way more than half of people here live in Europe, so it’s a lot closer to the daily cycle.

The timezone isn’t really that important as there isn’t a fixed time anyway. I’m using US Eastern time since that is where I live. If it is really a big deal, it isn’t hard to convert the time so if it is useful 5:00 AM in GMT on February 22nd is the beginning of the day in United States Eastern/the earliest possible ending time.

Either way, I don’t intend to be picky about the exact time, so a submission that is a few minutes/hours or even up to about a day late will still be accepted.

1 Like

What happened with this contest? No entries?

You are correct. There were no entries.

Takes me at least 3 months or so to make anything, wouldn’t have worked for me :smiley:

1 Like

Takes me at least 3 months to reach the point where I can give a deadline that I won’t manage to reach.

The jme part goes quickly… it’s the rest that takes ages for me.

I wonder if a deadline to post a video of people’s best creation with jme and vote for the 3 best… kind of an occasion to give some more visibility to the best productions out there. Could occur every 4 months.

1 Like

Good idea…
Every couple of time units everybody show their current jME project (or all projects ever published) in a 1 minute video. Might be a great fun to have a rating like that, e.g.: “This time new in the top 10 jME game charts: Space-Orc-in-Human-Town!!!”

Also,
the framework which I’m currently preparing is intended to give people a very quick start until their first game. You need nothing more than a little Java knowledge and some days of work, until you have implemented your first own simple game…
I think jME needs technology like that, to improve the learning curves of new users - which will then - attract even more new users.

So … expect many new games soon…

2 Likes