jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0 release

@glaucomardano said: @pspeed: Now I feel like this : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I fixed it for you like I did the other one. Probably more obvious this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like
@glaucomardano said: Sorry for posting this here (I didn't find the "create post" button :-| ), but whenever I try to install this release, it says that the install file is corrupted. I tried to extract the file, and it couldn't, it says the file D:Downloadsjmonkeyplatform-windows-x64datajmonkeyplatform.0.0.0.4genericdatadata,1.jar is corrupted. Did anyone get to install the windows 64 bits installer one properly?

@pspeed: Now I feel like this : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, people did. Maybe try downloading it again. Also make sure your Linux is really 64bit, somebody else crossgraded to 32bit when updating his Linux.

@pspeed: haha, I took about 1 minute to find your impostor monkeys 8) .
@normen: I’m using β€œwindows” 64 bit. Do you know anyone who got to install it properly in a windows 64 bit machine? If you don’t, I’ll try downloading it again.

congratz =D

@glaucomardano said: @normen: I'm using "windows" 64 bit. Do you know anyone who got to install it properly in a windows 64 bit machine? If you don't, I'll try downloading it again.
I did.
1 Like

Ok. So I’ll try again.

The Linux installer doesn’t seem to mark the blender bins as executable. Blender doesn’t work unless you make them executable manually. Should be an easy fix.

also blender import doesn’t work.

Could not find file <pathtomodel>/<pathtomodel>/model.blend after copying to project folder!
It derps up the path by making it double, then complains that it can't find the blend file (obviously).
@eisbehr said: The Linux installer doesn't seem to mark the blender bins as executable. Blender doesn't work unless you make them executable manually. Should be an easy fix.

also blender import doesn’t work.

It derps up the path by making it double, then complains that it can’t find the blend file (obviously).

Made me think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec

β€œWill it blend?”

Its strange the executable bits don’t work on Linux while they do work on OSX… And theres also people who successfully installed the SDK on Linux without these issues… Oh god, send Valve to fix Linux :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Definately impressed with the new shader nodes and the blender editor which will make importing models a lot easier ,great stuff

1 Like

Grats for the (early) release guys! :smiley:

I will install the whole thing soon as I’m pretty much done with what I was doing.

It was a long time coming, there were ups and downs, but it’s finally there! Yay!

Congratulations with the new release!

It was indeed a long coming, but I’m happy that it’s there now.

@netsky08 said: congratulations :) your dedication on this project is quite impressive!
"Quite" impressive? What you on eh?? :P

Big CongratZ the team :slight_smile:

woop woop woop, whens the β€œPress Release” coming? 8)

@wezrule said: woop woop woop, whens the "Press Release" coming? 8)
Erlend's got a job now, could be a few days still.
1 Like

I have just moved country (England -> Denmark) and lost my 3 computers in the process, so I have been out of the loop for some time. This is exciting news to come back to!

Is the new release not supposed to be Java7 compatible too? I think that is worth mentioning too - if I am right. (It was due to lwjgl compatibility from my memory?)

That problem you mentioning is only on mac, for windows and linux there never was a problem with oracle vm/openjdk 7 . If i remember right it was something that lwjgl did only support the mac bundled jvm wich does a bit of the native stuff different. ?

@Empire Phoenix said: That problem you mentioning is only on mac, for windows and linux there never was a problem with oracle vm/openjdk 7 . If i remember right it was something that lwjgl did only support the mac bundled jvm wich does a bit of the native stuff different. ?

Exactly, LWJGL did not support Java7 on OSX due to changes in native stuffs. It has been fixed now. Personally I don’t think it’s worth mentioning since it was only one platform, for a while, that was a problem for an unreleased jME.

I’d mention that kind of problem anyway, e.g. beta testers and people using pspeed’s newest work need to use the nightlies.