jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0 release

Hey,

the build of the 3.0 release is actually already available for a while now so I thought its time for an “internal” release. We’ll start the full-on media attack a bit later but the 3.0 final version is now linked in the downloads.

List of main fixes and new features since 3.0RC2:

Engine

SDK

You can download the 3.0 final SDK now at http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/downloads/

Cheers,
Normen

P.S. A 3.0.1 update is already available in the update center, fixing a problem with the ogre importer and animations.

23 Likes

This might be a dumb question.

But where exactly is the update center!

@BigBob said: This might be a dumb question.

But where exactly is the update center!

Help->Check for updates

Eh… nm… nice!! Good work @all

Hi.

I haven’t been here for ages; decided to have a go at the JME3 book, gathering dust on my table, and checked for an update. I have two questions:

1. I think there was talk of making JME3 “Maven compatible”; was that achieved?

2. I think there was also talk of making JME3 “OSGi compatible”; was that achieved?

Apart from that, congratulation!

Regards,
Monster

Yeah it is compatible but theres no maven or osgi artifacts yet ^^ You can however as always use jME in the IDE of your choice anyway.

@normen said: Yeah it is compatible but theres no maven or osgi artifacts yet ^^ You can however as always use jME in the IDE of your choice anyway.

Hmm, I wasn’t very clear, and so I’m not sure what to make of your answer. Waiting for the file to download atm (my old installation was lost with a HDD crash…)

I didn’t want to know if the jar was available on Maven Central, or some OGSi repo; I just wanted to know if the JME3 source now comes with a Maven POM, which can produces one (or more) OSGi “bundles”, so I can build it myself into a bundle(s). That is all I hoped for; a “maintained” Maven POM file within the JME3 source, with configured OSGi bundle metadata generation.

@monster said: Hmm, I wasn't very clear, and so I'm not sure what to make of your answer. Waiting for the file to download atm (my old installation was lost with a HDD crash...)

I didn’t want to know if the jar was available on Maven Central, or some OGSi repo; I just wanted to know if the JME3 source now comes with a Maven POM, which can produces one (or more) OSGi “bundles”, so I can build it myself into a bundle(s). That is all I hoped for; a “maintained” Maven POM file within the JME3 source, with configured OSGi bundle metadata generation.

Well that would imply that we’d also build artifacts from that so the answer is still no I’m afraid.

Woop, congrats :slight_smile:

Shoop da whoop. And I thought it would never happen. :smiley:

Congratulations jME Team + community!

Will there be a official download on hub/downloads that only contains the engine jars without the SDK? So far i only got my jar needs fulfilled from the (rather obscure) nightly page, with the last build being from may.

Anyways, YAY!

@lopho.org said: Shoop da whoop. And I thought it would never happen. :D

Congratulations jME Team + community!

Will there be a official download on hub/downloads that only contains the engine jars without the SDK? So far i only got my jar needs fulfilled from the (rather obscure) nightly page, with the last build being from may.

Anyways, YAY!

The link in the main menu to the new download location has been updated already:
http://updates.jmonkeyengine.org/

@normen said: The link in the main menu to the new download location has been updated already: http://updates.jmonkeyengine.org/

That’s Great! Will there be a post on JME blog?

congratulations :slight_smile:
your dedication on this project is quite impressive!

I guess we finally did it :stuck_out_tongue:
Now we can break everything and start over. :smiley:

2 Likes
@nehon said: I guess we finally did it :p Now we can break everything and start over. :D

If we get to 3.2 can we call it “Electric Boogaloo”?

Finally! It was a long ride. :slight_smile:

@nehon said: I guess we finally did it :p Now we can break everything and start over. :D

Let’s do it!!!

P.s: Evolution always KILL :stuck_out_tongue:

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

@glaucomardano said: =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D :) =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

I thought this was going to be one of those “spot the different one” sort of memes. I’m glad I didn’t have to look too long. :wink: (I’m probably making someone crazy now.)

1 Like

Sorry for posting this here (I didn’t find the “create post” button :expressionless: ), but whenever I try to install this release, it says that the install file is corrupted. I tried to extract the file, and it couldn’t, it says the file D:\Downloads\jmonkeyplatform-windows-x64\data\jmonkeyplatform\3.0.0.0.4\generic\data\data,1.jar is corrupted. Did anyone get to install the windows 64 bits installer one properly?

@pspeed: Now I feel like this : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: