New website front page

yeah @FrozenShade you’ve been through shader dev, made you’re own lighting and shadows… you’re not gonna shy away from a web page :wink:

The problem is that I’m unable to zoom out or scroll horizontal.

In my case it was not Java. I wanted a Lua based 3D engine. but then it happened I downloaded the SDK and did my first example copy paste and I was convinced :smiley:

I’m looking forward for the first hello gradle example with that copy paste easiness and I’m sure I would use it right away. but it is on my todo list just need to take a deeeep breath :wink:

waa that’s small phone you got.

Yeah, It’s a Samsung Galaxy S4 - I can use it with one hand :slight_smile:

And what about people that are familiar with more than one language?
Back when i was choosing the engine my first pick was panda3d, not only because i find monkeys creepy, but also because they had some really cool images in they showcase.

But contributors are

yeah I guess @nehon wait for the PR…

true

Ok…

<html>
ekhm, what’s next?

2 Likes

Looks fine on my Xperia Z2 with the DPI turned down

If you are really that new to web page design, http://www.w3schools.com/ :wink:

And the developer tools in your browser are your friend.

@nehon wondering if, under 600px width or so, the two card columns should flow as a single column? I might be able to put together the time to work on that sometime, so this comment is more in the way of discussing what result you would want, rather than asking you to make a change Right Now

No no no no, I don’t even want to know anything about that :wink:

already made a PR for this :wink:

1 Like

merged.
Not sure 600 is the right value. The galaxy S4 has a 1024x1900 resolution…
@Kecon could you test again please?

For the showcase page, is it possible to have a static page there for now? From there maybe we can do something clever with generating it from some descriptor files someday but in the mean time at least we’d have a page and could (carefully) accept PR additions/changes.

1 Like

I suggest two backups:
1-In the engine developers personal computers.
2-A copy of the project on bitbucket (just in case).

I will until the end of the year try to find a way to modify the website and upload to github to add a showcase functionality.

I will also try to find a way to allow to post content or at least to had content using data from the forum somehow (will obviously contact the lead team regarding this in case any of them has a problem with this).

Also, I will take the time to attempt to include in the showcase a resource link for courses or materials using jMonkey freely available on the web as I prior suggested.

https://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/t/education-and-academic-content/35303

P.S. very very important the new website looks great!

1. it is already like this. You know how git works, right?
  2. in case of a “githubapocalipse” we can all go home and there’s not bucket of bits that can save us :frowning:

@nehon, it looks much better now. Only miss some from the logo when I get to the site, but it scale down good when I scroll down.

2 Likes