[SOLVED] Problems encountered with SDK3.4

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/lsp4j/TextEdit
	at org.netbeans.modules.lsp.client.Utils.<clinit>(Utils.java:291)
	at org.netbeans.modules.lsp.client.bindings.TextDocumentSyncServerCapabilityHandler$1.fireEvent(TextDocumentSyncServerCapabilityHandler.java:152)
	at org.netbeans.modules.lsp.client.bindings.TextDocumentSyncServerCapabilityHandler$1.insertUpdate(TextDocumentSyncServerCapabilityHandler.java:141)
	at org.netbeans.lib.editor.util.swing.PriorityDocumentListenerList.insertUpdate(PriorityDocumentListenerList.java:60)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.fireInsertUpdate(AbstractDocument.java:203)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseDocument.fireInsertUpdate(BaseDocument.java:1647)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseDocument.handleInsertString(BaseDocument.java:822)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseDocument$FilterBypassImpl.insertString(BaseDocument.java:2643)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.text.DocumentFilter.insertString(DocumentFilter.java:100)
	at org.openide.text.CloneableEditorSupport$DocFilter.insertString(CloneableEditorSupport.java:2340)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseDocument.insertString(BaseDocument.java:741)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseKit$DefaultKeyTypedAction.insertString(BaseKit.java:1324)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseKit$DefaultKeyTypedAction.performTextInsertion(BaseKit.java:1397)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseKit$DefaultKeyTypedAction.access$100(BaseKit.java:1052)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseKit$DefaultKeyTypedAction$3.run(BaseKit.java:1256)
	at org.netbeans.editor.GuardedDocument.runAtomicAsUser(GuardedDocument.java:333)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseKit$DefaultKeyTypedAction.actionPerformed(BaseKit.java:1231)
	at org.netbeans.editor.ext.ExtKit$ExtDefaultKeyTypedAction.actionPerformed(ExtKit.java:1055)
	at org.netbeans.editor.BaseAction.actionPerformed(BaseAction.java:322)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(SwingUtilities.java:1810)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(JComponent.java:2900)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(JComponent.java:2948)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(JComponent.java:2862)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6412)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5011)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1950)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:870)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:1139)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:1009)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:835)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4892)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
	at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:136)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.lsp4j.TextEdit starting from ModuleCL@30a71e04[org.netbeans.modules.lsp.client] with possible defining loaders null and declared parents [ModuleCL@5f3a5fce[org.netbeans.modules.projectapi], ModuleCL@14b181dc[org.netbeans.modules.editor], ModuleCL@f594d75[org.netbeans.modules.editor.completion], ModuleCL@6ed54806[org.openide.explorer], org.netbeans.MainImpl$BootClassLoader@e25b2fe, ModuleCL@5fc9c76f[org.netbeans.modules.parsing.indexing], ModuleCL@69668a7c[org.netbeans.modules.options.api], ModuleCL@65910316[org.netbeans.modules.queries], ModuleCL@39e1d230[org.netbeans.modules.refactoring.api], ModuleCL@14c8d83e[org.netbeans.spi.navigator], ...26 more]
	at org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.doFindClass(ProxyClassLoader.java:211)
	at org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.loadClass(ProxyClassLoader.java:125)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
	... 55 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.lsp4j.TextEdit
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
	at org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.doFindClass(ProxyClassLoader.java:209)
	... 57 more

Hi!

Can you elaborate at least a bit? When you get this? What is your operating system?

If you had a previous version of the SDK installed, did you follow the instructions and deleted the old SDK settings?

There is no upgrade path per se, but if you have had any older SDK version on your computer. This new version might fail to start. To fix this you need to delete the following folder (old SDK settings):
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\jmonkeyplatform (Windows)
/home/user/.jmonkeyplatform (Linux)

1 Like

ok,I use Windows 10
I followed the instructions to delete the following files
(C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\jmonkeyplatform )
I try uninstalling and delete (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\jmonkeyplatform )
then reinstall But it didn’t work

And it works now?

1 Like

NO,At first, I found this alert because I could not open SDK3.4 after installing

After deleting (C:\Users\ User \AppData\ JMonkeyPlatform) then SDK3.4 can be turned on

This error occurred when I was about to edit my code

Ah ok, thanks. It is actually reproducible. I’ll look into it. Didn’t think something this trivial wouldn’t work…

1 Like

Thank you for your help

Care to give it another try?

I have re-done the release (Release SDK Release 3.4 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub). It should fix the problem.

1 Like

And better to uninstall the old version and clear the same folders as earlier ( C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\jmonkeyplatform).

OK thank you :slight_smile:

Chinese patches
So far, so good
And I have used this patch without any problems

-J-Duser.language=zh -J-Duser.country=CN

Using this configuration There is no effect
But use the patch to overwrite the file can wonder why

1 Like
-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

I have no way to change the text to UTF-8 This configuration is invalid

This causes the character to become a square

I also configured the project to UTF8 but did not solve the character problem

What if you open the file in Notepad++? What does it tell you?

If the file shows there normally and reports UTF-8… Could it just be that the font used by the editor doesn’t have Chinese characters?

1 Like

Notepad++ Everything is fine inside.

I tried to use Apache NetBeans IDE 14 Everything worked fine

I suspect the middle text editor didn’t change to Windows style

How about changing the Look and feel? I see that Dark Monkey is using DejaVu Sans Mono. I personally use FlatLaf Light which seems to use Monospaced 13. And at least it shows what I believe are Chinese characters:

And sorry if that means something, I just generated it on the Internet. And it shouldn’t mean anything :smiley:

If you use the Dark Monkey style, all ZH characters become boxes

Did this also happen with SDK 3.3? I just suspect it is a font thing.

When I set it to Windows style it becomes normal but the text editor in the middle still seems to be Dark Monkey style

3.3 All is well in

It should ask you that do you want to apply it to the editor as well, but I believe you can manually apply it like so. Just select the profile you want:

1 Like