Weekly Game Challange

It’s somehow simple but pretty. However… it has an issue!!!, If you turn the vessel up-down it still goes up but left & right controls are shifted. Oh… and the explosion effect is awesome!

Really cool. Hard, but I also thing is funniest that way (when you do some loops and after that are successfully landed you feel like a pro! xD. What about more points for loops??? -O-)

2 Likes

I absolutely thought of giving more points for loops, never got around to implementing it though. I figured it was to difficult for most people to accomplish, glad to see I was wrong

1 Like

I so need an idea for this.
Any suggestions anyone, please???

1 Like

Some kind of game where there are lots of creatures/mobs/people/whatever that get infected in their heads… and transfer that infection to others. Different infections can override other infections.

I don’t know what the game or the object is… but maybe that triggers some ideas. Maybe your job is to infect them with your meme over all of the others but other influences are coming in constantly.

1 Like

Interesting…thanks.
Let me think more about it.

1 Like

This is a tough one, I’ve no idea how to start :thinking:

2 Likes

Me too…I think I will make some sort of arena battle game with the meme faces as the characters.
Or something like that.
Time is running out for this one and I haven’t even started.

1 Like

Yeah, i thought it was a tough theme as well. Im making an infinite runner
with the main character being inspired by doge and the obstacles being meme
related

2 Likes

This’s been quiet. How are you guys doing?
I’m doing something very bad, but I’m close to finishing it soon.

1 Like

Hey, yeah, I Forget about this topic …
My small game “Battleships 3D” is pretty much done. I am going to upload it soon :smiley:

1 Like

I think bad was expected with the “meme” theme XD. Honestly I’m 99% done but I will be posting the finished game late today. This isn’t related to any polish mind you, just that my voice actress who demanded she produce the audio for this game failed to record said audio after being reminded about 3 times. :confounded: As it stands it is a terrible side scroller with even worse animations, but it does work as intended and I haven’t found any game breaking bugs.

I will post the next theme a little later as well, probably still before my game is uploaded.

@Domenic Hey, I was debating messaging you on Friday to ask how that was coming along but decided to wait till today. Good to hear it’s nearly complete, I can’t wait :wink:

2 Likes

I kind of missed it somehow… but when does the “week” start and end for these?

1 Like

Monday when I get around to updating the theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m almost done with my thing but I’m not going to be able to upload it tonight, I need some sleep.

1 Like

Alright, still haven’t uploaded my game from last week (it’s done, just waitin for that audio) I’ll go ahead and announce this weeks theme: Heists! Pick Locks, plant explosives, drive getaway cars, run from the cops, it’s all on the table. Pick a scene from your favorite movie involving crooks and make it into a small game. Remember, heists are timeless, Robin Hood, Billy the Kid, The Italian Job are all good places to start :wink:

2 Likes

I did it, an hour to go EST, but it’s done. Power outage couldn’t stop me either! Bork Pawtrol! I couldn’t help but feel like I was not putting much effort into this one, but now that it’s done I realize it has more assets and code than any of my previous projects. It’s more than a little rough around the edges. Here’s the link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz4nByoX2Ks7OEQtRGhpSDJhSXc

2 Likes

I also did something but it is not my best work… :blush:
I really did not have time to do this because I was out of town.

Anyways, I am wrapping up the game and will post here soon.

Cheers

1 Like

Okay people here is my game for the themed week: Memes

Like I said I did not have time to do much so please don’t laugh.

I also did not do sounds.

Get it here: FaceOff.zip - Google Drive

Checkout my level art:

1 Like

Cool game.
I like the dog animation, did you design and modeled the doggy?
This was a difficult theme.

1 Like

Here is mine. Captain’s Log, it’s about a certain Starship and its captain.
You will fly the ship and fight enemies and you will see the captain’s reactions.
All in awful CGA graphics… Download

I haven’t played a CGA game in many years, so I wanted to revive the (not so good) experience, although I failed to use the right resolution, but that would have required better pixel art to be able to show the face expressions, and I had spent more time doing than I expected doing assets for this game.

2 Likes