What games are you currently playing?

Kerbal Space Program, modded Minecraft (my own modpack, often with 50+ mods), Star Citizen, Sim City 2013, Flightgear, League of Legends, Pokémon Yellow and my own game (only for testing purposes though :wink:).

1 Like

I play:

• Modded Minecraft (making a server with self-programmed plugins together with a friend)
  • Starcraft 2
  • From time to time World of Warcraft

I sometimes play:

• OpenTTD
  • Red Alert 2
2 Likes

For those with a PS4 or PS3 with PS+… don’t forget to snag your free games this month. Time is almost up.

1 Like

and Stellaris

3 Likes

Stellaris looks like a cool game but it’s one of those that strikingly brings to mind the irony of paying someone else $40 to suck all of my time away. :slight_smile:

Then I remember how I was always forgetting where I put my sugar plantation in Tropico… and I think maybe a galaxy is too much for me to manage. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Both games are more of the category easy to learn, harder to master.

Stellaris is really accessible, after 1-2 hours you get how to play it, but you will find nice details side quests ect even 100hours in.
(A lot also depend on your created races ethics, for example a religious one might declare a falling star a sign of propserity or a war start, a industrial one might just harvest the ressources it contained .) )

What I really like about factorio is the similarities to legacy code. (especially in multi-player :slight_smile: It actually makes non IT people understand how it is created.

Why is this part of the factory designed like shit?
Well we needed a quick solution, and look you only have to haul a few ressources every few minutes manually.
Ugh, can’t we just rebuild that part better?
Sure, but we need the ammo for the outer perimeter now, if you somehow disturb it for a few minutes we will loose the outpost.
Grumbeling ok once we get drones, we will patch a resource supply in somehow.

Sound familiar to some software projects?

1 Like

Just played through Shovel Knight. I’m very proud that I didn’t need to cheat. OK, it’s a retro game.

More interesting for us is Mekorama. Really outstanding, especially if you consider that it’s a one man project. (If it’s true.) And comes even with an editor.

1 Like

Heroes of the Storm is my poison atm.

1 Like

web developer wait a minute… you almost made us believe that alien abduction thing… :smiley:

5 Likes

Metal Gear Solid 5 and Infamous
Ops that explain my slow progress in my project :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah i just tested factorio demo … and i bought it… bye

1 Like

http://www.factorio.com

That looks just awesome. Have to try it.

Otherwise I play Fallout 4 now. Waiting for a stable Vireio Perception to bring stereoscopic vr to it.

1 Like

ARK, Minecraft, and lots of board games ( I like worker placement games the most. Agricula, Puerto Rico, Euphoria)

1 Like

I actually started to enjoy Warframe with my friends, it’s so well done to be a free to play.

Otherwise, on free time I play tacticool fps like Rainbow Six Siege, CS:GO and things like that

1 Like

I am playing old school games for the moment.

• Doom 64 (N64)
  • Guardian Legend (NES)
  • Legend Of Zelda (NES)
1 Like

:sunglasses: +1

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of Hitman: Blood Money lately. And not even correctly. I’ve been running around mindlessly shooting everyone (WHERE’S MY M4??). And when I’m not playing that, I’ve been playing Left 4 Dead 2.

1 Like

Factorio

2 Likes

Just started Total War: Warhammer and oh my god is it awesome. Never thought a strategy game could have so much “found” storytelling going on. Played with a friend and we had so many laughs about what happened - especially the non-scripted things. I was never much into Warhammer but this game is simply great.

1 Like

I wanted to try out ARK but I don’t know anyone else playing it. The reviews said it’s not really worth getting into unless you have a group. How is your experience so far ?

1 Like