Which IDE do you use for developing game with JMonkey?

My strategy is using IntelliJ idea for Java, Atom for HTML and CSS, to see files and close them notepad++, for javascript, PHP and SQL PHPStorm if not available VS Code. other languages, well those all the language that I know for now.
Edit: I forgot C, I use CLion, university student I’ve access to all JetBrains products for educational use.

1 Like

Used PlatformIO for a while on my laptop (Atom with Addons). Thing took like 5 minutes to start and crashed if you even touched the laptop, and was dreadfully slow once it had started. Although the laptop is 6 years old, to be fair. Still, netbeans is super quick to start and use on it.

Atom Itself has some memory issues since is built with Electron, sound like we are talking about nuclear.

Its awesome for the wiki and asciiDoctor. Nothing I have seen can touch it. You don’t need anything more than default git and the asciidoc packages and your set.

Its also awesome for searches in windows os. Can open dozens of tabs, ie files once you set a top folder as a project folder. The only failure is it only searches one direction inside a document, forward.

So far, that’s all I found I can use it for.

I still like the SDK, now that I have learned how to work around the issues it has. Now that Netbeans 9.0 is out, I am curious to see how it integrates with the engine.

I tried to use Brackets too, but had an impression it is more for web design, as for programming.
For example you type css and page is immediately updated without pressing save.

But for other things like integrated terminal I did not find them. Probably I just did not notice they exist…

1 Like