(June 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Nice work, @sgold
Does Maud editor support bone BindPose modifying ?
I am asking because I have some problems modifying and saving bone bind pose on my characters, as I described here :

Curious if you had similar issue before ?

2 Likes

The only time I’ve modified a bind pose, it was by mistake. As far as I’m concerned, bind pose is a necessary evil, best not meddled with. For customizing model poses and animations, I always use Bone.setUserTransforms(), which are applied on top of bind pose.

That said, I’m not averse to adding bind-pose editing to Maud, provided there’s a need for it. (I assume you’d expect Maud to fix up all your animations so they’d look right with the new bind pose.)

I’m curious to know what motivated you modify the bind pose. What’s the application?

1 Like

I have finished integration default particle system to my editor :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m playing with EarthSculptor right now, and trying to use the terrain in jME3.

7 Likes

Which benefits?

1 Like

It’s simple, flexible and strong, easy to learn.
And, it’s tiny, I love tiny things.

glman is another tiny APP I’m playing with now.

1 Like

I like IDE because I have all tools in the one place, so I develop my editor to have all graphics tools in the one place. Terrain Editor, GLSL editor and etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you please elaborate on that? How did you achieve it?

@jayfella Is the debug window a separate state you attach to the state-manager?

1 Like

some improvements for integrating toneg0d emitter:

4 Likes

Basically I have a j3o which has the skeleton and animation for the body type, in this case “humanoid”, and whenever I instantiate a new entity model which uses humanoid animations I copy all of the animation tracks into the new model’s animation control. That way when I decide I need a new attack animation I can change one file and have all of my other skeletons use it.

5 Likes

Just curious did you create your animations in blender and export them using ogre xml exporter or was it some other format?

1 Like

I create all my models in blender and use the sdk to convert them to j3o. Then I just load the j3o in my entity factory and reference it when a new model needs animations.

2 Likes

A new monster appeared in the dark corridors of Skullstone:

14 Likes

Hey you guys ever heard of Yarn? Apparently the team who made Night in the Woods made made their dialogue editor free to use.

The cool thing about it is that it exports to json which can then be loaded with relative ease so I spent the past day or two writing a parser for it while procrastinating for finals and connecting it with the existing chat system.

What I did was represent all the nodes in a hashmap with tags you see in the editor as keys and the objects with the text& answer data as the values. Then it just needs a starting node and they’ll jump forward and even backward if needed as steered by the gui.

The editor offers custom tags for nodes as well which I’ve used so far to make a timer command that hides answers and just skips to the next node when the time passes. These can probably come in handy for conditional requirements as well I guess.

I thought it was kinda cool :smile:

15 Likes

This is really cool

1 Like

I know nothing about your lighting budget however a dim orange point light or two on the character would throw a nice warm fake glow from the emissive parts onto the environment, and wouldn’t show up much on the character given how dark it is, win win.

and are you running SSAO? if so, what sort of settings are you running ?

1 Like

@FrozenShade Looks very good!

@yan Very nice examples!

@thetoucher I like that effect!

1 Like

I’m nearly finished chapter-17-outscene. :smile:

When playing with terrain, I find that the terrain mesh always have sharp edges. I think maybe Gaussian Blur can help me to make it smoother, so I just tried it, works fine for me.

// load heightmap
    Texture heightMapImage = assetManager.loadTexture("Scenes/Maps/DefaultMap/default.png");
    ImageBasedHeightMap heightmap = new ImageBasedHeightMap(heightMapImage.getImage(), 1f);
    heightmap.load();

// Gaussian Blur
    GaussianBlur gaussianBlur = new GaussianBlur();

float[] heightData = heightmap.getHeightMap();
    int width = heightMapImage.getImage().getWidth();
    int height = heightMapImage.getImage().getHeight();

heightData = gaussianBlur.filter(heightData, width, height);

// create terrain
    TerrainQuad terrain = new TerrainQuad("terrain", 65, 257, heightData);

Before

After

Source code:

Test case:

11 Likes

Do you mean me to ‘attach’ point lights to the monster? I’ll think about it.

I have SSAO, it is built into my deferred shader and everything is made on constant values, I can’t ‘reconstruct’ settings for JME’s stock filter because I changed few other values.

1 Like

yes, well attach point lights to the rootNode or equivalent, updated to the position of the attachment point every frame.

Can you turn up your SSAO radius by 1000% and see how it looks ? also, is there a chance you can post 2 screenshots, one of the scene without any post effects, and one of the depth buffer of the same scene… I would like to push them through my fx lib and see how they look for interests sake. No problems if this is something you can’t do =)

1 Like