What games are you currently playing?

Final Fantasy XV

2 Likes

It’s been interesting to see my PS4 friend list slowly grow with folks succumbing to that game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:
if you can get over the “Emo” look of the heroes it’s actually pretty good…
And man… just saying but: infinite space in your bags… :wink:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:
if you can get over the “Emo” look of the heroes it’s actually pretty good…
And man… just saying but: infinite space in your bags… :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, thought it was funny online someone was saying they wished they could pick characters that didn’t look like members of a Korean boy band.

1 Like

League of legends (DOH). Only game that’s satisfying for me to play in 25 minute increments once or twice a week :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Found a very promising game called Factorio. You must build your own factory from scratch. It’s really awesome, you can check it here: https://www.factorio.com/

1 Like

Scroll up :wink:

2 Likes

If you’re freakish about organization you’re gonna love factorio, if like me you are a total mess you’re gonna have a bad time.

Alien Isolation was on sale for some tiny amount, and despite numerous problems with game play and sound and so on, the level design as far as aesthetic goes is truly incredible, one of the best looking games I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Jmonkey SDK :grinning:

5 Likes

I may be a bit biased as a fucking huge Alien fan, but that game is pretty much the best survival horror game I’ve ever seen, from graphics to gameplay.

The alien is terrifying as it’s super in-depth AI makes it so unpredictable and different every time you reload after eventually having the top of your head gnawed off. Could use some improvements in terms of locomotion but eh.

I never got very far into it myself (a bit ahead from the medical bay sequence i think), but I am so going to try again after I get some sort of VR headset. Just to see if I get past the first 10 minutes without dying from a heart attack :smile:

1 Like

Alien Isolation is, in my opinion, totally worth a complete play-through. Of course I’ve always been a fan of the Alien franchise myself :wink:

1 Like

I would if I could, I’m just way too scared to.

1 Like

Heh, it’s a good cardiovascular workout :smiley:

1 Like

That it is :smile:

1 Like

Ok well, hear me out.

It’s one of the best games I’ve played probably since ‘Life Is Strange’ and it’s prob in my top 10 of all time. I played it through twice (with a mod I recommend second time round).

The AI though… I thought it was so weak! My first issue occurred the very first time the alien got let lose on me - it got stuck running in a circle. This never happened again, but the it was so obvious to me the alien was acting on information it shouldn’t have. I understand it being ‘tethered’ to the level I am on, but if it entered a room I was hiding in, it would stay in there for SO long for no obvious reason. Beyond following way-points and checking if it can hear or see the player I didn’t notice a single thing that was advanced about the Aliens AI. I would have really liked it if the alien climbed along the walls or ceiling too, but I understand it was quite an undertaking as it was.

The working Joe androids where similarly useless - if you stood behind a table, centered yourself with the table when the Joe was also centered on the other side, then tapped left/right/left/right it would just continually change direction giving you all the time in the world to make a decision or reload or whatever.

Enemy humans had issues too, I would hide while they looked for me, they would get really close checking the area I am in but not see me, walk away, stare at a wall for about 15 seconds then turn around and just walk RIGHT up to me.

Also “civilian” NPCs you are not supposed to kill. The tram door opened and 2 of them are inside. One see’s me and immediately runs up to a wall next to me and just crouches there hiding, while the other is stuck inside a railing in the tram moon-walking lmao! Another guy had his hands set in the gun holding animation so it looked like a finger gun, and he was running right at me. I shot him - instant game over.

The alien was definitely my biggest issue though - at first it was so tense and scary I loved it, but then I got over it and it was just a pain up the ass. The medical facility is one of the worst bits. They spent so much time using original Aliens film material to craft such an amazing environment and I felt like I was getting rushed by this stupid 1 hit kill alien. It’s not like I felt a sense of achievement using stealth to get past it because it always just re-appeared and there is so much backtracking. They added all this backstory and info on computer terminals but I couldn’t read them because the alien would get me. I ended up having to open them then really quickly hit escape and pause the game to read them.

The mod I used in the second play-through makes the alien ignore the player and I highly recommend it if you are a fan because you can enjoy the levels and environment without it getting in the way.

Based on what I read on the wiki they broke even or made a little profit and so it’s unlikely we’ll see a squeal which is a shame. I’m amazed they went to the trouble of making their own engine from scratch for it, it looks beautiful but could they not have pulled that off in unreal or unity to save money?

1 Like

Currently playing: Arma3, Subnautica, Factorio, Wasteland2 (and at about the speed it sounds, that will easily last till middle of next year with my current amount of spare time)

2 Likes

:thumbsup: for subnautica. I played it quite a lot but now when I have little time to play, I simply don’t have 5min to just stare at the loading screen.
Once they complete adding story to it, I’ll give it another go.

2 Likes

Just played through Portal + Portal 2. Awesome!

5 Likes

Due the loading time counter, I can tell you taht it needs less than 30 seconds on my older system currently.

1 Like