What games are you currently playing?

Wargame: Red Dragon for Linux :slight_smile:

1 Like

911 Fire Responders http://store.steampowered.com/app/323610/

1 Like

Planetbase and Pulsar: Lost colony.
I guess I got pretty space-oriented lately.

2 Likes

lightspeed frontier ship builder app

Imgur

4 Likes

You know what that looks like ? … :grin:

1 Like

now the only difficult decision I have to make is… where do I add the thrusters?

1 Like

…if you have to ask then I don’t want to play with you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone playing My Summer Car? And, of course, League of Legends with friends.

1 Like

I love league and I’m a Satan main :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been playing this mixed reality game called “bring your hard drive back from the dead”. It combines hardware tweaking with this internet-like web interface where you can order parts, do research, etc… There are also a few cryptic command consoles, bootable CDs, and utilities that can be used to perform different actions. Some combinations take you back to square one. It’s really difficult because there is virtually no “save game” and definitely no “quick save”.

Yeah. It’s really cool.

…on the plus side, the system is booting again at least.

4 Likes

Ah, so you’re playing My Summer Car? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, it’s really great fun :grinning:

1 Like

I was actually replying to pspeed haha

1 Like

ohh, I didn’t saw pspeeds post :confused:

1 Like

dd if=/your shit drive of=/some externaldrive/mybackup.img from a livecd, than you have all the tries in the world

1 Like

I played that game, too! :smiling_imp:

Firmware RAID0 failure

1 Like

Yes, effectively what was done… three times. For a 1.8 TB drive that takes quite a while. The last time seemed to work but the image could not be restored anyway. So I ended up just cloning old drive to new drive (another 18 hour procedure) and then doing a windows restore on it… SP3, updates, etc… It mostly works now. Some autorun apps don’t startup properly but I can do all of the important things. The rest will work itself out.

I used a Hiren Boot CD and then ran the PartedMagic boot to do the cloning.

1 Like

I remember playing something like that a while ago, but it was more along the lines of unbrick-your-computer-now-that-you-accidentally-deleted-it’s-master-boot-record. I don’t remember how I got past it, but for a while my computer was essentially brain dead.

We won’t talk about how I deleted the MBR, let’s just leave it at I got curious on what some things did :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Currently playing adventure games but mostly train games because I love trains too much)

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever wiped out an MBR, but a few years ago I configured a Linux mdraid array by hand. I must have made a mistake setting it up, because it worked fine for 2 weeks and then the whole FS crashed and burned for no apparent reason at all. Fun times. After that I switched to a raided ZFS setup and haven’t had a single data-related issue since.

1 Like